Delete system reserve partition from non-os hdd

iprobablyneedhelp

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
I want to format my HDD that does not have an OS installed on it but it has system reserve and recovery partitions on it. Is it safe to format this drive? System configuration tool says I am booting from my SSD which is my C drive. What worries me is that my C drive does not say active in any of the partitions even though I am booting from it. I am worried that somehow the active system partition for the SSD was created in my HDD as the D drive even though my SSD also seems to have an EFI system partition also. I am not sure if and how this could have happened since when I installed windows on my SSD it was the only drive connected. One thought I had was if these extra partitions on my HDD could be remnants from a previous boot drive that was set up on my HDD?

I hope I have explained this correctly so that someone might be able to help. Here is a screenshot of disk management: https://imgur.com/a/jgt9kHC

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me

Solution
You TEST before you delete anything.

Power OFF
Physically disconnect the other drive.
Power up.
Does it boot correctly?

If all is well, reconnect and delete as needed.

iprobablyneedhelp

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
I just disconnected my HDD and my computer booted to windows just fine on my C drive. As you said this probably proves that I can go ahead and format my HDD without issue. This only other lingering question is why my SSD does not have an active partition?

USAFRet

Titan

Your SSD is Disk 1, 512GB?
That 99MB EFI partition is it.

And yes, you can wipe ALL of the partitions on the HDD (Disk 0?)

TRENDING THREADS