Deleted all drivers completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehorse2006

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Misunderstood a tech friend of mine and accidentally deleted both partitions when attempting to upgrade to windows 7. Now when I try to load the installation disc, it says there are no drivers anywhere and I'm unable to start the installation process. Is there somewhere I can download all new drivers?

Solution
All you need to do to install windows is to boot from the windows dvd. You don't need any drivers to do that. I'm not understanding where your having a problem.

firehorse2006

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hey!

HP Pavillion a6403w-b
2 gigs of ram
intel duel-core

Windows 7 with service pack one

Its a legit copy. My school makes it available for download to the students.
I actually had already installed it once and it worked fine. Then I picked up a few bugs and wanted to wipe it completely and reinstall. Evidently I wiped it more completely than I meant to!

Which version of Windows 7, 64 bit or 32 bit?

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
OK, lets look at the situation and see what really went on.

Translation: While my learned friend was explaining what to do, he made the mistake of assuming that I was understanding what he was saying, and that I was able to follow instructions. In reality I was totally zoning out while he was telling me what to do.

Translation: Whoppsie!!! I knew I should have listened to my friend, rather than clicking on random options during the installation process, hoping it would all work.

This is the windows installers way of saying "WTF Did you do to my install??!!"

Nope. Time to give your computer the format c colon salute and restart.

firehorse2006

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

That's what I thought? But every time I try to boot from the CD I burned, it asks me for drivers and won't let me continue without them.

It's 32-bit Windows 7, btw.

Also, RipperjackAU? No need to be a jerk just cause not everyone knows as much as you (think you do). Do you actually have a solution, or do you just get your kicks making fun of people who need help?

firehorse2006

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

I honestly have no idea what any of that means, so unless its a default setting, then probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.