deleted deleted deleted

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Do you see any physical damage on any of the contacts on the CPU (scratches or dents or anything)? Where did you buy the CPU at? Newegg also? I believe most places give you 14 days to return/exchange...just don't let that time come and pass.

sarwar_r87

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
cpu is the most difficult component to ruin(unless ofcorse u run it witout a heatsink). i don believ its ruind.i bent 2pins together witout noticing and powerd up ma pc once.it was an x2. wen i notice the pins were bent, i straightened them up and powered up agan.it worked fine.i understand if ur oried. but i think ur cpu is fine.

it can be noted that while straightening it i broke one of the pins.hehe.i was **** scared coz i saved up 4 three mnths to get the cpu....so i now hav 939 pins and not 940 pins........:D

shelbyz1679

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Sarwar, socket 775 is not like amd processors. The pins are in the board, not on the cpu. Your cpu is most likely fine. In either case, those pins are there for a reason, they are not cosmetic. I would have rma'd the board too. You should be ok.

sarwar_r87

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008

:lol:
i no wat socket 775 looks like :sol: .......and he already rma'd the board.if the pins are ON the CPU it would be easer to ruin the cpu. since his pins are not on cpu...its even more unlikely that it will be ruined.but who knows......hopefully he'll be fine.......best of luck!!!!!!!

@shawnhath: let us no if its ok........

sirrell

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
My mate missed the chance to RMA his, So he used some metal from a needle jammed it in and dodgy'd it, but it works fine and even overclocks fine.