Question Deleted Drivers

tybarreto34

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
Hello! I recently upgraded my cpu and mobo. Everything was running fine for a few days but then I started getting screen shakes and purpling on my screens. One friend told my to open task manager and see if screen was still shaking witch it was. He said good chance at a bad driver. He told me to update but my graphics drivers were all up tp date. He told me to roll back but there was no option to. Another friend told me to just delete my graphics drivers and let windows auto install new ones on start up. Windows did not automatically install new ones. I tried using windows updates/security to look for drivers but I said there was an issue and well try again later. I tired manually installing them but after about half way through installing it says failed.
After panicking for a bit I decided to factory reset my windows hoping it would bring some drivers back. It did not. I also lost my admin. The user profile in windows says I have admin but I cannot preform any admin tasks. There is no admin login for me to use so I tried creating another profile with admin. Much like mine is says new login has admin but cannot preform any admin tasks.
After all this the shaking has gone way but I still get the purple dots showing up.
At this point I have given up hope. Anything to get the ball rolling again would be appreciated.
I have a ryzen 5 3600, msi b450 tomahawk max, asus strix 1070, windows 10 64-bit
I have no access to any windows trouble shooting as it says an error occurs every time, I have no admin, no access to command prompt, and I have no graphics card drivers

In this particular case, I'd strongly recommend you to take your computer to a workshop.

If you feel you can, you could always try to make a Linux Live Iso image. Boot your computer using that, and if it works then the issue is probably a windows issue.

tybarreto34

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
In this particular case, I'd strongly recommend you to take your computer to a workshop.

If you feel you can, you could always try to make a Linux Live Iso image. Boot your computer using that, and if it works then the issue is probably a windows issue.
I am defiantly not that tech savvy. Worst comes to worse I will. Was hoping to find a solution I could do myself. Any ball park on how much it would cost?

Wolfshadw

Titan
When you say format and reinstall do you mean like this? https://www.wikihow.tech/Format-Windows-10

No. I mean back up any personal data.
Follow the steps in the web site Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change
Download a clean Windows 10 image using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Boot your system into BIOS and change the Boot Priority to USB
Insert your Windows 10 USB and start the install.
When it asks to install Windows 10, select Custom (Advanced).
Select the drive you want to install Windows 10 and select Format.

-Wolf sends

tybarreto34

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
Follow the steps in the web site Reactivating Windows 10 After a Hardware Change

-Wolf sends
Thank you for breaking it down. I will try this tonight when I get home.

tybarreto34

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018

-Wolf sends
Unfortunately this did not work. Still driverless and unable to install manually or use windows to check for updates