Question Deleted Facebook conversations, are they really gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2022
Hello,

I desperately need to understand something.....if I delete a Facebook conversation and the other person also deletes it..... what are the odds that it is accessible anywhere?

Just to explain some context.....I have a condition (real event OCD) and late last year I said something about somebody I love in a Facebook message to another person......it was something horrible and I am feeling horrendously guilty.......

My head is telling me that the conversation is still somehow in existence and could be resurfaced.......the answers I so badly need are........

Do iPhones automatically back up messenger conversations to iCloud? Or something similar? Do iPhones keep a log of them elsewhere in the phone?

Or does messenger ever email messenger notifications to a person's email address so they could be found that way?

I am so worried about this, if the comment I made is found and resurfaced it would be just awful.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

if I delete a Facebook conversation and the other person also deletes it..... what are the odds that it is accessible anywhere?
FB/Meta will still have a copy of it in their database...even if the app you've got on your or their phone deletes the message.

Or does messenger ever email messenger notifications to a person's email address so they could be found that way?
I doubt that will ever happen. Been on messenger for about 5 years now, not 1 email of what was messaged to me.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022
That's one thing...... what I'm worried about is it being accessible to the other person I was in the conversation with somehow...... would the conversation have backed up to iCloud or anything? And if so does content delete from there after a certain time?

Status
Not open for further replies.