deleted graphics card form windows 10 how do i fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad007

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
running windows 10 on iMac 5k but the AMD not recognized so deleted graphics card form computer how do i fix this please

Solution
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Catalyst Control Centre and Uninstall.
You may also want to install a piece of Driver Cleaning software such as Driver Fusion to ensure all remaining Driver files are removed as these could be causing your issues.

Then go to AMDs Website (www.amd.com) and download and install the appropriate drivers for your Graphics Card and OS.

InfernoxCJC

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
Do you mean you removed your GPU from Device Manager?

If so, assuming your display is still functioning, go to Control Panel and delete your AMD Drivers (Catalyst Control Centre) and reinstall them.

ad007

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
display is still working but AMD not detected when trying to update as not working on steam so uninstalled from device manager so how do i reinstall on windows 10

InfernoxCJC

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Catalyst Control Centre and Uninstall.
You may also want to install a piece of Driver Cleaning software such as Driver Fusion to ensure all remaining Driver files are removed as these could be causing your issues.

Then go to AMDs Website (www.amd.com) and download and install the appropriate drivers for your Graphics Card and OS.

Solution

Mounty_078

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014

I had this problem once. Now it's easier though with Windows 10. Go to device manager, right click your graphics card, update drivers, search drivers on computer, I want to choose from list on computer, then search for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. and then select your graphics card, click next and your good.

Status
Not open for further replies.