Question Deleted network adapter, cant resinstall. Hp stream laptop x64

May 3, 2021
My internet connections werent showing up so i followed a tutorial and it said to uninstall the driver on device manager, and when i press check hardware changes it should come back, but it didn, and now im unable to use the internet on my laptop. Can someone help pls. Ive tried resetting and BIOS but nothing seems to work. Is there a place where i can download the driver? HP website doesn have it.

D

Deleted member 14196

Use system restore. Better yet install windows clean and if it still doesn’t work that means the hardware failed

Apr 26, 2021
Actually I don't recommend an auto driver installer but if network adapter completely unfunctional, you can use Driver Pack Solution Offline package to install your network adapters. I solved my problem using that software during installation of Windows 8.1 in my incompatible laptop and network adapter.

D

Deleted member 14196

Never use automatic driver installers. They often break the system and it’s just a terrible idea That usually breaks your windows installation

Reactions: Ralston18
Apr 26, 2021
Never use automatic driver installers. They often break the system and it’s just a terrible idea That usually breaks your windows installation
If he only installs the network adapter, it will not have a problem. Of course, the best thing is for the manufacturer to find and install it from its page, but if the manufacturer has not shared it , it has no other choice. Normally, I do not recommend automatic driver installations either.

D

Deleted member 14196

I don’t really believe that the driver isn’t available from the manufacturer the OP just doesn’t know where to find it

I think the device is broken

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t really believe that the driver isn’t available from the manufacturer the OP just doesn’t know where to find it

I think the device is broken
manufacturer doesnt provide it as its preinstalled with windows S edition, they offer just recovery media.
upgrading to pro edition allows u to install any driver u want but without hardware id, its a guess which adapter u got