Deleted post; Thread is now closed?

Quite legitimate - I would have removed the two before it as well. The previous poster even admitted he shouldn't have bothered posting in view of the age of the thread and the entire subject matter was date related.

If we don't close old threads, someone will inevitably pop up every six months or so with a comment such as "I have the same problem" or "I hate AMD but I lerrrrve Intel" and the Forum would be completely bunged up by clutter. It's always best to look at the date of the original post before deciding whether to contribute.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thanks for the replies.

The reason the thread got bumped (which prompted the post prior to mine) is that I updated my earlier posts with new info, for the benefit of anyone who happens to run across it (there are only a couple other threads on this particular CPU, so that's actually pretty likely for anyone researching it).

I think it was helpful to be able to edit my earlier posts (which, like I said, is something I did purely for the benefit of others), but I see your point about closing old threads.

Thanks for looking into it and letting me know. Also, thanks for alll your efforts, here on the forums.