Deleting and Deactivating ACCOUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

A silly, but curious question I need to ask. Please bear with me. If I deactivate/delete my own ACCOUNT, will all my posting history, replies, trophies are also going to be DELETED, or they would be still visible to other forum members ??

Can we DELETE/nuke our own Account on a permanent basis ? What will it display under my handle/username, "Account deactivated", or some other thing ? I don't want the word BANNED to be displayed though, lol.

EDIT: What about the original Topics/threads which I've created till now ? Will they also get nuked/deleted ??

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Historically, closed/deleted/banned accounts would not have their threads deleted (unless individually warranted), but those threads would be attributed to "anonymous".
As a result, there would be no way for a forum member to track your account to posting history, as posting history would not longer be yours - and anonymous should encompass every non-active account.
Not 100% if this still the case.

Your account likely wouldn't be publically visible at all , and it certainly shouldn't show as "banned" if you're the one who instructed it (ie, you weren't actually 'banned').

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
No, I'm not 100% sure - but I will ask for more info and get you a definitive response. Might take a little bit of time with the forum changes going on.

That's certainly how it used to work, and I see no reason it wouldn't still be the case, but I'd hate to tell you definitively and be wrong.

Any more updates on this issue ? But as previously discussed via PM, if the outcome of this account deletion process/system remains same, then I'm OK with it.

I will initiate this Account deletion from my side. Just give me some time. Sorry to bother you, and THANKS for all the help though. Much appreciated.
Regards,
NICK.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I would hope that you are not going to delete your account. I feel like all issues we have here are resolved.

I can confirm if YOU delete your account your posts will remain as well as your username but it will be gray and with a strikethrough.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your support, and concern shown via PMs, and also here at the forums. It means a LOT to me !

You guys are awesome ! And, this is indeed a great community, and a lot of knowledgeable peeps hang out here, including the Moderators, and other regular forum members. Hats off !

Okay, I have finally made a decision to stay here. I won't be deleting my own Account. Though, I might take a weekly break, if the forum stresses me out.
Anyways, I'm NOT deleting this account. Sorry for creating all this mess.

Take care, NICK.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Unlike some of us, the is no requirement for you to be here all the time, so take a break whenever you need one. I take a day off sometimes, since I also don't get paid for being here, depends how many questions i answered day before.

There shouldn't be any stress involved in answering questions here, plenty of other people who can answer the questions, no one is irreplaceable here... except maybe Dark Lord and Community Managers :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm just kind of addicted to learning about things i like. That's why I'm here.

It is a good place to learn how to fix problems you hope to never get on your own PC. That accounts for 99% of the problems I fix here... some of the things I have seen I never want to have on my pc. Only downside is I still can get problems I have never seen here... that is what happened lsat time.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to inform you that I'm deactivating my Account on a permanent basis. Thanks for all your help and support. Please take care. I won't come back again.

This is my FINAL decision. Please, any of you MODs can now safely DELETE and nuke my account as well, if need be. I request you to do this, if possible.

Nick ! This is my 100% FINAL decision.

PS: Please DELETE my entire Account on a permanent basis. Thanks !! TAKE CARE !

Status
Not open for further replies.