Deleting everything before I sell my laptop

WorriedStudent

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hey guys I want to ship my HP Pavilion 15-p214dx laptop that I just sold. However I want to delete everything on it except for windows. I don't care about any of the files so I don't have to worry about backing anything up. And honestly I don't remember if I had to use a disk to install windows on the laptop or rather if it just came with it, is there any way I can figure out? Because I'm scared of deleting everything including windows and not having the disk to do a re-install of windows

anyways thanks for your time and read

Solution
If you are unsure on how to do a factory reset then check out the directions below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/7486459/model/7812756/document/c04758961/

cah8429

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Which version of Windows? If it's 8.1 or 10 it's really easy to just reset the PC (you can just do a search on the computer for reset and it should point you to the right thing). There's an option to choose keep data or delete it, and in this case you can delete it.

The other thing you can do is boot to the recovery partition on your computer (which is dependent on how the manufacturer set it up) and do the reset from there. Both methods will keep Windows.