Deleting guimode.txt in recovery console

My computer isn't cooperating right now and likes to restart everytime I log
into XP with any of 5 choices presented to me at startup. I am considering
trying a repair install and have found that to protect my files from being
destroyed it is a good idea to delete the undo_guimode.txt from
windows\system32. However I have only seen this procedure explained when it
is possible to log into windows, but I have seen it mentioned that it can be
done from the recovery console, just not how to go about it. Could someone
tell me the command to use from recovery console to delete of this file?

thanks

I'm not so sure of the ability of this to do what you want, but the recovery
console is sorta like DOS. You'll have to navigate to the directory where
it's located in order to delete it.