deleting partitions during windows 10 clean install. Help!

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I had win 10 32bit but then I want to reinstall a 64bit version. I've checked if my CPU can be 64 or not. Actually I've tried the install before and messed up. I created 3 partitions during install having 2windows of 64 bit and one windows 32bit and selecting that(32 bit) I revert back to all my files and drivers as it is. I want to clean install 64 bit. So please tell me how to delete partitions during install so that I can have only one single copy of windows.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I have it in a usb flash drive. I want to ask that during clean install if I delete all the partitions then what will happen to those mandatory system files and other drivers? Would they also get deleted?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

After you install... and get to the desktop you'll need to insert the CD with all the motherboard drivers and install... so yes, everything will HAVE to be reinstalled again afterwards..

Everything gets deleted. Everything starts fresh and new with the clean install. Make sure you download the drivers before and put it on the flash drive. After the windows install, install those drivers so it'll work right. Then you won't run into the issue you had before.

I suggest never using the cd. It's going to be old drivers. Download the latest drivers.

USAFRet

Titan

As noted earlier and elsewhere....you get the relevant drivers from the manufacturer.
LAN drivers from whoever makes the motherboard.
WiFi, from whoever makes the WiFi device.
GPU, from whoever makes that

USAFRet

Titan

You need to do a full reinstall
In the process, delete ALL existing partitions.

As it sits, your system is quite hosed. Your boot manager has (at least) 3 selections, only one of them is an actual OS.

Boot from your 64bit install media
When it asks 'where' go to Custom
You should see several partitions
Select each, and Delete
Resulting in one large space

Let Windows install to that space

There is no way around this.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Ok but now the problem is in finding right drivers!! As I said where should I go for motherboard drivers? Thatswhy I was asking if you could send me the link!! Or at least tell me how to find motherboard drivers. Plsss help. You know I'm In a very bad state right now.

USAFRet

Titan

Website of the motherboard manufacturer
Look for your specific model

USAFRet

Titan

Only if you are doing this on a Lenovo device, of the same model as what that CD relates to.

Or, you could just go to lenovo.com and look around.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
ok so now in the 64 bit i got the gpu's driver and the resoultion is now 1600*900. but i can't find the drivers for belkin 54g wireless g network adapter. Plss help because without it i could not access internet.
And also please tell me what other drivers would i need.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Ok somehow I've got the Belkin drivers and net too is working just fine in 64bit. Ok so I have my gpu drivers and Belkin prepared beforehand. Now what I other drivers would I need before clean installing 64 bit deleting All partitions. If I would be short of anything the it would be a problem because I won't be able to revert back to 32 bit. Please help asap

USAFRet

Titan

Whatever ones Lenovo has for your device. Motherboard, audio, whatever else.

But...The one you need first is for your network. Either ethernet or WiFI. Since you already have that...all the others can be obtained AFTER the OS install.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
You know what I found a CD that probably came with the computer and it is written there on it " Lenovo windows 7 drivers pack v1.8 for consumer desktop" and it seems to be the only drivers cd that came with it. So can it do all that Lenovo drivers work? Or I will have to get them from somewhere on the net?

USAFRet

Titan

Those will work. They are probably old and outdated, though.
It is enough to get the system up and running. You want to look for newer ones, after it is running and online.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
The drivers which were till now were probably those right? And how do I have to search for the drivers? My model no.? It is Lenovo h320 . Or I would I have to search for everything separate? Or in my model no's drivers all things will come??and you are saying that since I have the Belkin drivers, everything can be done after clean install?

USAFRet

Titan

I you can get online after the OS install and Belkin driver install, everything else can be had later.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I was asking that I only have to search for Lenovo h320 drivers right? Or something else also? And is there a way to do the clean install without clearing Lenovo drivers at the least?

USAFRet

Titan

A clean install of the OS will wipe out everything on the drive, including the drivers.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
You haven't answered my question yet. What do I have to search? Will I get all the necessary drivers in finding the drivers of Lenovo h320? Or for motherboard and all those things I'll have to do some other search or I would get all in h320's drivers?