deleting partitions during windows 10 clean install. Help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I had win 10 32bit but then I want to reinstall a 64bit version. I've checked if my CPU can be 64 or not. Actually I've tried the install before and messed up. I created 3 partitions during install having 2windows of 64 bit and one windows 32bit and selecting that(32 bit) I revert back to all my files and drivers as it is. I want to clean install 64 bit. So please tell me how to delete partitions during install so that I can have only one single copy of windows.

USAFRet

Titan
In the multitude of threads this has been discussed in.....

Go to the Lenovo website
Look for your particular hardware
Download the most recent version of whatever drivers are applicable.

No, I'm not going to go search them for you.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
U see I've contacted Microsoft and Lenovo customer care and they both have suggested me the same thing. Format my hard disk completely , wiping off all the windows and making out a brand new pc. Then get the media for genuine windows 7 64bit and start afresh. And that's because my pc has not been tested on windows 10 and they don't give any drivers of windows 10 for my pc. So I'm just looking for genuine windows 7 from somewhere. Can you tell where can I find it except from buying it?

USAFRet

Titan

Assuming you have a valid license key, go here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/home

If that does not work, you will have to ask Lenovo for install media.

Arjunkansal

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
I did ask them!! Because Microsoft customer care told me this. But Lenovo said we can't give you because you are out of warranty so you'll have to arrange for that yourself. And yes I have the product key for this windows.

TRENDING THREADS