Deleting Registry Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakerules77

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Hi,
My Windows 10 search has recently broken and nothing I do will fix it! I've found the registry folder for the search but it won't let me delete it, am I doing something wrong?
I was going to replace the folder from registry that is working!
Thanks

Unkk

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
If your PC won't start, you can use installation media to restore from a system restore point, reset your PC, get to advanced troubleshooting options (like safe mode), or perform a clean installation of Windows 10 or a previous version of Windows.

To restore from a system restore point, reset your PC, or get to advanced troubleshooting options from installation media:

1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10 installation media.
2.Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
3. On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
4.On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can:

##Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files.

##Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.

##Use advanced troubleshooting options (including safe mode). Select Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart, and then follow the steps on the screen. If you’re not familiar with these advanced troubleshooting options, try restoring from a system restore point, resetting your PC, or performing a clean installation of Windows.

If the other recovery options didn't work for you, you can perform a clean installation of Windows 10 (or a previous version of Windows). This will remove your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, and changes you made to settings. Here's how to do it:

1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website to create installation media for the version of Windows you want to install: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7.
2. Insert the installation media you created, restart your PC, and then follow the setup instructions.

Jakerules77

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

Ahh it was the permissions, didn't realise you had to apply them to each folder! I just copied the registry keys of Windows search from another computer and it's still not working! This sucks! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS