ariel

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2002

Is it safe to delete everything in C:\Documents and settings\Profile name
\Local settings\Temp? My viruschecker always finds something in there upon
boot up.

Thanks

A.

Hi

What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and delete
any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
> Is it safe to delete everything in C:\Documents and settings\Profile name
> \Local settings\Temp? My viruschecker always finds something in there upon
> boot up.
>
> Thanks
>
> A.

ariel

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2002

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

> Hi
>
> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.

It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again on
next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign of it
there.

thanks for reply

A.

> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in
>
>> Hi
>>
>> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
>> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.
>>

> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again on
> next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign of it
> there.
>
> thanks for reply
>
> A.

Hi

You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot? Try
an online scan for a 2nd opinion:

> "Ariel" <none@no.net> wrote in message
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in

Hi, Panda found additiona files but still didn't eliminate randreco.exe.
I'm so frustrated. I ran Symantec's and Trend Micro online scanners and
even they couldn't get rid of it.

A.

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> What is your AV program finding in that folder? You ought to try and
>>> delete any virus first, then the files in that folder can be deleted.
>>>

>> It's finding "randreco.exe" wich is easily deletable but shows up again
>> on next boot. I'm using f-prot. I've checked the registry but no sign
>> of it there.
>>
>> thanks for reply
>>
>> A.
>
> Hi
>
> You may be able to delete it, but why is it turning up on every reboot?
> Try an online scan for a 2nd opinion:
>
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

Hi

Try the following link: