[SOLVED] Delided 7700k but hotter temps?

Callanspence

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hello my good people, a year ago i delided my 7700k to get the temps down, which it did by 25c. about a month ago my temps starting getting up to 80c. i repalced my cooled with one with a bigger rad and re-applied the liquid metal. it has dropped slightly but is still very hot. I have a 2080ti, my 7700k, 16gb of ram and only ssd memory but when i play games at max settings on my 1440p monitor my cpu is getting around 75c and i struggle to keep 60fps. as far as i can tell i should be getting well above this. do you think deliding my CPU has caused damage and now this is bottle necking the 2080ti?

Thank you for your time

Solution
You weren't clear about whether you delidded a second time, or exactly where you used liquid metal. Was it between the IHS and the Die, or was it between the IHS and the cooler, or both?

Also, you always need to provide your ambient (room) temperature. "Standard" or normal is 22°C or 72°F, which can be a HUGE variable if you live on the Arctic Circle with the windows open, or on the Equator without A/C.

There are more variables than you might imagine, so please be specific.

CT :sol:
oh wow, what?

first off, uhh........................ if you damaged your CPU on a delid u'd be royally screwed by day 1, i mean, you just removed the IHS and reapplied a supposedly better tim that the factory one, damage on a delid would have broken something.

anyways, if its hotter, either the usaged increased a lot somehow or the whole cooling solution is not properly seated, and as far as bottleneck is concerned, because its really just an urban legend, not happening there, specially @ 1440p cuz as resolution increases the load leans more towards the gpu.

then again, core temperature wise, we'd need voltages and overclock and all. All default? in no way it would reach 75C unless your cooling solution was complete garbage, 75C isnt really bad, but for the sake of it should be lower, you gotta give specs.

then... struggle with FPS? homie something is wrong, 60 fps on what? even 2080ti, provided the ray tracing thingy is on, wont get you much futher than 60 fps on those fancy new titles with blings and ray tracings and all, specially on 1440p, would that be the case?

Callanspence

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
oh wow, what?

first off, uhh........................ if you damaged your CPU on a delid u'd be royally screwed by day 1, i mean, you just removed the IHS and reapplied a supposedly better tim that the factory one, damage on a delid would have broken something.

anyways, if its hotter, either the usaged increased a lot somehow or the whole cooling solution is not properly seated, and as far as bottleneck is concerned, because its really just an urban legend, not happening there, specially @ 1440p cuz as resolution increases the load leans more towards the gpu.

then again, core temperature wise, we'd need voltages and overclock and all. All default? in no way it would reach 75C unless your cooling solution was complete garbage, 75C isnt really bad, but for the sake of it should be lower, you gotta give specs.

then... struggle with FPS? homie something is wrong, 60 fps on what? even 2080ti, provided the ray tracing thingy is on, wont get you much futher than 60 fps on those fancy new titles with blings and ray tracings and all, specially on 1440p, would that be the case?

Thanks for the reply mate, This is my setup with the details from UserBenchMark

Does this help at all?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
You weren't clear about whether you delidded a second time, or exactly where you used liquid metal. Was it between the IHS and the Die, or was it between the IHS and the cooler, or both?

Also, you always need to provide your ambient (room) temperature. "Standard" or normal is 22°C or 72°F, which can be a HUGE variable if you live on the Arctic Circle with the windows open, or on the Equator without A/C.

There are more variables than you might imagine, so please be specific.

CT :sol:

Solution