Dell 1TB hard disk is not working

yashwanth_3

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
I have using dell 1TB external hard drive but yesteryear night i have using it my bit-defender total security showing some virus in my disk i have select delete virus and after that it's not working. I have also check in device manager here is showing but in volume tab not showing it's property(disk size). Please help to recover my data.

Solution
Hey there, yashwanth_3.

First I'd suggest that you check if the drive is recognized in Disk Management and please post a screenshot of what you see about the HDD and its partitions (you can use imgur.com to upload the image). Here's how to access it: How to access Disk Management in Windows to manage hard drives.
Then the drive with a different computer to see if the same thing happens. If you still have the same problem, try accessing it via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD (this is basically a freeware, bootable, portable version of Linux), to see if the drive is properly recognized and if you can get to your files. Another option would be to try out data recovery software...
Hey there, yashwanth_3.

First I'd suggest that you check if the drive is recognized in Disk Management and please post a screenshot of what you see about the HDD and its partitions (you can use imgur.com to upload the image). Here's how to access it: How to access Disk Management in Windows to manage hard drives.
Then the drive with a different computer to see if the same thing happens. If you still have the same problem, try accessing it via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD (this is basically a freeware, bootable, portable version of Linux), to see if the drive is properly recognized and if you can get to your files. Another option would be to try out data recovery software: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1644496/lost-data-recovery.html and http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS