Dell 3130cm printer on xp

Aug 21, 2018
I installed my printer with the cd and and printer has a static ip. but it will not print and i cannot access it with the web browser using the ip address
please reply to [no email on the forum]

Solution
What specific error messages do you see?

Wired connection? Try another known working Ethernet cable between printer and router.

Was the assigned static IP setup outside of the router's available DHCP IP address range? And was the static IP reserved on the router via the printer's MAC?

Have you verified that the printer's subnet mask is correct for the network the printer is on?

You may need to do a factory reset on the printer and reconfigure the printer for your network.

Ralston18

Titan
What specific error messages do you see?

Wired connection? Try another known working Ethernet cable between printer and router.

Was the assigned static IP setup outside of the router's available DHCP IP address range? And was the static IP reserved on the router via the printer's MAC?

Have you verified that the printer's subnet mask is correct for the network the printer is on?

You may need to do a factory reset on the printer and reconfigure the printer for your network.

Solution