dell 3443 windows 10 no webcam drivers. No integrated webcam in device manager under imaging devices. There are no driver down

Curtis_swan

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Hi. As i got my brand new laptop dell 3443 windows 8.1. I tried the camera app with the failure (camera not availlable). Not thinking any more of it I immediately updated to windows 10. Tried the camera app again with the same failure. Ran the dell diagnostics which failed because it could not find the driver. Checked the device manager and found that under imaging devices there is no integrated webcam.

I thought this would be a simple fix, but it has been utter disappointment.
1. There is no webcam driver download for my laptop when I open the dell drivers and downloads for windows 10.

2. Then I tried the dell support online chat thinking surely they can just give me the download link for a driver. This was far from reality. All i got told to do was to contact dell South Africa (where I am currently).

So now im trying my luck here because a google search couldnt find me the driver. Please could somebody give me the webcam drivers for windows 10. Or direct me on how to fix this. Preferably without reinstalling windows 10.

Solution
if its under warranty, take it to dell and get them to fix it. That is what i would do.

I don't think drivers will help if your pc can't see the device.

Curtis_swan

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

Thanks for the reply however no success. I tried troubleshooting and it said the potential issues are:

1. HArdware changes might not have been detected
2. Windows update configured to never install updates

SO it asked to restart. DOing this didnt help

. and that link was where I checked first. They all say that windows will detect that you dont have a driver when you restart but that doesnt happen. They also say try uninstall the driver under imaging devices, which I cant do beacause the webcam isnt there.

Curtis_swan

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

ok did that with no success, would it be under other devices? If so I cant see anything labelled camera in any form there or anywhere else on the page of results.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me