ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

I have approx 2 years left on an extended warranty with my dell 4550,i am
usually very careful with paperwork and receipts but I seem to be missing
original receipt and confirmation of extended warranty,I wish to sell my
dell pc on ,I am wondering if extended warranty would still be valid for the
new owner with no receipt, perhaps my tag/service code would confirm
warranty?

ferg

remove nospam to reply
--

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Dell will have records of the warranty on the machine via the TAG to
transfer the warranty you must provide the new owner with a bill of sale, he
will then need to contact Dell with this proff of purchase to have the
warranty transfered to him
"ferg" <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have approx 2 years left on an extended warranty with my dell 4550,i am
> usually very careful with paperwork and receipts but I seem to be missing
> original receipt and confirmation of extended warranty,I wish to sell my
> dell pc on ,I am wondering if extended warranty would still be valid for
> the new owner with no receipt, perhaps my tag/service code would confirm
> warranty?
>
> ferg
>
> remove nospam to reply
> --

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

> Dell will have records of the warranty on the machine via the TAG to
> transfer the warranty you must provide the new owner with a bill of sale,
> he will then need to contact Dell with this proff of purchase to have the
> warranty transfered to him

thanks for info

ferg