vonbose

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
I recently bought two gig sticks each of cheapy pqi memory for my GF's Dell 700M. At first it booted right up but then a couple days later it had a major crash. She was at work so her hot shot computer tech managed to recover her system by concluding that one of the sticks was bad. So I RMA'd it back to newegg, got a new piece, popped it in and ran memtest and now it is showing errors in test 7 and 8. I am thinking that the ram may have not been bad, but that there is somthing that needs to be changed to run 2 gigs on this system? The tech isn't a gamer, which means he goes by the if it works, it's fixed moto.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mondoman

Splendid
If it shows errors in memtest86+, it's clearly *not* working. Perhaps the specs for the RAM require it to be run at a higher-than-standard voltage? Also, "cheapy" memory may not work properly on some systems. You might consider buying from a vendor that guarantees it will work on your specific system.

vonbose

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
Well it works with one stick no errors. Two sticks it doesn't work and it errors? Go figure? guess i'll try to get my money back and just run on 1 gig.

TRENDING THREADS