Dell Announces XPS 13 '2-in-1' Device, 27-Inch 'Ultrathin' Monitor Ahead of CES

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is copy of Surface Studio which by itself won't sell that much. Microsoft and OEM are really trying to find a good business case for failing OS, Win 10.

The latest market share showed that Windows 10 since July only gain 0.72% on the market where Windows 7 alone for the past past went up for 1.17%. Windows 10 is a dead OS.

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Frakpower777 you are delusional. Netmarketshare shows Win 10 went from 23.72% to 24.36% in 1 month (december) and heck that's almost half the total number of Linux users. A "dead" os gaining a number equal to 40% of Linux users in 1 month is not exactly dead but in fact that is amazing. If you combine all Mac users and Linux users Win 10 alone outnumbers them by 420%.

I'm sorry Dell, but $700(US?) is way too much for a 27" 1440p monitor these days. I've been enjoying my U2713HM for years and paid $550 for it originally. Monitor prices should be flat or fall over time for the same resolution, not go up.

$700 for a 2560x1440 and it is only 99% Adobe sRGB. I would expect 100% Adobe RGB (not sRGB) for that price. It is also only 60hz. I wouldn't be surprised if they cheated on the thin factor with a giant and unsightly power brick.

Dell needs to work on that logo. It just makes the laptop look cheap. Apple's logo looks classy. Whether you like the company or not. It looks good.

$1000 starting price for 1.2Ghz CPU, 4GB RAM, 1920x1080 display and a 128GB SSD. They took a page out of Apple's playbook. It almost makes the Macbook look reasonably priced.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
They need to get rid of the fugly 16:9 aspect ratio and pick 3:2 and 16:10, 16:9 it's only useful to watch movies, the other 2 aspect ratio are versatile between multimedia and productivity.

Movie industry would also help is they make the jump to 16:10.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Please find out what happened to the OLED monitor they showed at last year's CES!

I know it was going to cost $5k, but the sooner the $5k monitors hit the street, the sooner there should be OLEDs I can afford!

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Now if they'll just stop using intels rubbish video chipsets so we can have some moderate video grunt I'll be inclined to get one

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Dell is pushing a wet noodle uphill. You can get a 40" 4K Samsung TV with uncompressed color support (K6300) for as little as $350 when it goes on sale. Resolution is a tad better than the 27" Dell monitor at 110DPI, and input lag is respectable. The 40" screen is truly a sight to behold, making a 27" DELL monitor look tiny in comparison. Having a remote to adjust settings is far superior than the torturous buttons found on DELL monitors. As for Color...I think it's actually better than my U2711 Dell UltraSharp monitor that it replaced. VA (Vertical Alignment) panels have more contrast and deeper blacks than IPS panels, although viewing angles aren't as good, but that's not a problem for monitor usage.

One caveat...You need an HDMI 2.0 port to support the 4K resolution. And only one of the three ports on the TV supports uncompressed color.

Don't believe me? This site: www.rtings.com\tv reviews is how I found my 40" Samsung 4K Display. They really know what they are talking bout.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is what I'm thinking, but I'd spend more & get OLED.

At the distance I'd be sitting, some curvature would really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.