Dell d610 video controller

Mugs2010

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
Hi All, Just to clear things up abit, I have a Dell Latitude D610 with Windows 7 Pro on it and it works like a charm. My Laptop has a 2 GHz Processor and is Max out with 2 Gigs of Ram, so as for it being Compatible? I would say Yes it is, you should run a Min of 2 Gigs of Ram as Windows 7 is more demanding then Windows XP. Well thats my 2 Cents worth hope it can put some minds at ease.
Mugs

Kevish

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hey guys,

I downloaded an update from Intel website, seems it is an updated driver for WinXP.
So what you gonna do is, DL the driver on http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+915GM%2fGMS%2c+910GML+Express+Chipset+Family&OSVersion=Windows*+XP+Professional

Then once done, do the following:

Right click - properties
Compatibility Tab

Set it to WinXP SP3 on compatibility mode
On priviledge mode, run it as administrator

Apply - Ok
Launch installation

That's it, this should work like a charm!

Hope this helps you guys if ever you still need it as this post is older than 7 month.

Cheers
Kevish

tibi1409

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Hi Kevish than you so much!!!
It wored just great!
I been looking for that hours, i let Intel even check my pc for drivers and nothing!
And i have a Dell Latitude D610 with windows 7 and i just needed a media accelerator,and I never thought I would work when its for win XP SP3.
Thanks again!