Dell deals

I'm trying to figure out the masses of Dell deals and configurations.

In comparing offers over the past few weeks it appears to me the
bottom line changes little. If they offer a free flat-screen monitor
they raise the price of the system.

For example, in late October when they supposedly offer their best
deals, they had a free flat panel on a 4700 for a total cost of $949.
Configure the machine that way today with the offered $200 rebate and
the cost after rebate is $938. The flat panel was valued at $259,
which would lead you think it was a $59 better deal than the rebate.
Not so.

Right now they offer a free 4th year of warranty after rebate, but
they do so by increasing the cost of a 3-year warranty to match what
the usual 4-year warranty's cost.

Seems to me the only way you lose is if they are offering freebies you
don't want. If you would buy anyway what they are supposedly giving
away, the end cost comes out within a few dollars.

Comments?

The 'masses of deals and configurations' offered by Dell are no different
than you can find anywhere else and with many other consumer goods. Welcome
to retail. Become an educated consumer, and when you see the deal that you
like, go for it.
--
Ted Zieglar

"bill bert" <bbinfinity@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to figure out the masses of Dell deals and configurations.
>
> In comparing offers over the past few weeks it appears to me the
> bottom line changes little. If they offer a free flat-screen monitor
> they raise the price of the system.
>
> For example, in late October when they supposedly offer their best
> deals, they had a free flat panel on a 4700 for a total cost of $949.
> Configure the machine that way today with the offered $200 rebate and
> the cost after rebate is $938. The flat panel was valued at $259,
> which would lead you think it was a $59 better deal than the rebate.
> Not so.
>
> Right now they offer a free 4th year of warranty after rebate, but
> they do so by increasing the cost of a 3-year warranty to match what
> the usual 4-year warranty's cost.
>
> Seems to me the only way you lose is if they are offering freebies you
> don't want. If you would buy anyway what they are supposedly giving
> away, the end cost comes out within a few dollars.
>
> Comments?

> bbinfinity@yahoo.com (bill bert)

>I'm trying to figure out the masses of Dell deals and configurations.
>
>In comparing offers over the past few weeks it appears to me the
>bottom line changes little. If they offer a free flat-screen monitor
>they raise the price of the system.

<snip>

>Comments?

You've got it figured out. This is the way that Dell chooses to market their
products. Hang in there. Check both the small business and home sections,
especially on Thursdays, as the offers seem to change on Thursdays. Every once
in a while there is a two-day offer that is exceptional, usually near the end
of one of Dell's financial quarters, October, January, April, July.
--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm

Jon

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:16:46 -0800, bill bert wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the masses of Dell deals and configurations.

The deals always seem to be at the end of the month....sometimes a little
better than average. As a baseline, back in April I got a Dimension 4600

2.8 P4 533 FSB
512kb mem
80 gb HD
DVD-ROM & CD-RW
Floppy
two speakers
modem
17" Flat panel (the cheaper one)
Integrated graphics & sound
The wordperfect software that included wordperfect and quattro pro

I didn't have to play the rebate game...they weren't doing it at the
time.(yippee) and I paid $99 bucks for
shipping and somthing like $50 buck tax

My total finaly cost $802...so that backs into a price of about $650 for
the system before shipping and tax.

I haven't seen anything close to this since...sometimes I've seem
something like $100 higher.

all true, but did you notice that this go round the end of quarter deals
were offered in the first half of the month for end of quarter instead of
the last few days... they offered then and then pulled them and then offered
them again... probably trying to achieve a particular sales goal and doing
so in a way that differs from their previous patterns.

Jon <jr1@avoidingspam.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.11.08.23.38.00.361541@avoidingspam.com>...
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:16:46 -0800, bill bert wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to figure out the masses of Dell deals and configurations.
>
> The deals always seem to be at the end of the month....sometimes a little
> better than average. As a baseline, back in April I got a Dimension 4600
>
> 2.8 P4 533 FSB
> 512kb mem
> 80 gb HD
> DVD-ROM & CD-RW
> Floppy
> two speakers
> modem
> 17" Flat panel (the cheaper one)
> Integrated graphics & sound
> The wordperfect software that included wordperfect and quattro pro
>
> I didn't have to play the rebate game...they weren't doing it at the
> time.(yippee) and I paid $99 bucks for
> shipping and somthing like $50 buck tax
>
> My total finaly cost $802...so that backs into a price of about $650 for
> the system before shipping and tax.
>
> I haven't seen anything close to this since...sometimes I've seem
> something like $100 higher.

Thanks for the advice. I know when to check next time. This time I
ordered Monday.

I'm sure I didn't get the best deal, but I felt I got a good one after
changes occurred on the site during my purchase. They took down the
4600, added a free flat panel to a 4700 at a lower price that did
represent a free deal. They didn't give me a chance to reduce the
warranty period like I was planning to do. I lost that savings, but I
figured I got an extra three years of coverage for free. With extras
that I bought, I'm not too far from your deal, but unfortunately a lot
of it is in rebates.

Some Dell deals are legitimate and some are not. I am a California lawyer
currently involved in litigation over this issue. If you have story about
a Dell "deal" gone wrong I would like to hear it. Please contact me at the
email address below.

Thanks

Doug
mastroiannilaw@yahoo.com

Check out http://www.gotapex.com/ for great deals on Dell Computers

"mastadlaw" <mastroiannilaw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Some Dell deals are legitimate and some are not. I am a California lawyer
> currently involved in litigation over this issue. If you have story about
> a Dell "deal" gone wrong I would like to hear it. Please contact me at the
> email address below.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug
> mastroiannilaw@yahoo.com

Yeah, just what we need. Another adversarial confrontational slimeball
lawyer making a lawsuit out of something that no doubt could have been
resolved with a few phone calls.

Shakespeare was right: "First we kill all the lawyers."

Ike

Go chase a different ambulance.

"mastadlaw" <mastroiannilaw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Some Dell deals are legitimate and some are not. I am a California lawyer
> currently involved in litigation over this issue. If you have story about
> a Dell "deal" gone wrong I would like to hear it. Please contact me at the
> email address below.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug
> mastroiannilaw@yahoo.com

I got that same computer 11/30 for $349 and they threw in a 922 printer for
good measure!! It's a good deal now, but sharp eyes may find better!!
Tom J

"davinp" <dpete47@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Check out http://www.gotapex.com/ for great deals on Dell Computers

Do you folks REALLY think this is a lawyer, WITH a YAHOO email address???
Tom J

Tom J wrote:

> Do you folks REALLY think this is a lawyer, WITH a YAHOO email address???

The Yahoo address doesn't bother me, it's the slimeyness of the post.

Based on that, I'd say "yes," he's a lawyer.

Notan

"Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Do you folks REALLY think this is a lawyer, WITH a YAHOO email address???
> Tom J

Get off his back, he's connecting with netzero.....

Damned social climber, he is.

Stew

Maybe he's a yahoo? ... Ben Myers

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:

>"Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote:

>>"mastadlaw" <mastroiannilaw@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Some Dell deals are legitimate and some are not. I am a California lawyer
>>> currently involved in litigation over this issue. If you have story about
>>> a Dell "deal" gone wrong I would like to hear it. Please contact me at the
>>> email address below.

>>Do you folks REALLY think this is a lawyer, WITH a YAHOO email address???

>Maybe he's a yahoo?

Cold, Ben. That was cold.

[But called for.]
--
OJ III

Really good of you Ted.
When facts evade you, insult whoever disagrees with you to prove your point.
Problem is the insults show much of your character and do nothing for your
position.
Whether your point is valid or not you are clearly unable to support it
since the strength of your argument lies in your insults.
Step aside for other who are capable of proving the point...or not.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Ted Barker" <tdbarkman@skybest.com> wrote in message
> It does not really matter. One will not get an objective opinion about
> Dell here. Too many Dellbots (Hank A, Tom S, Christopher M. ,..,

Hmmm---How in the world did I ever get the impression that the pro-Dell
groupies used that as there prime means of "defense". It certainly couldn't
have been from their posts. >g<

"Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> Really good of you Ted.
> When facts evade you, insult whoever disagrees with you to prove your
point.
> Problem is the insults show much of your character and do nothing for your
> position.
> Whether your point is valid or not you are clearly unable to support it
> since the strength of your argument lies in your insults.
> Step aside for other who are capable of proving the point...or not.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Ted Barker" <tdbarkman@skybest.com> wrote in message
> > It does not really matter. One will not get an objective opinion about
> > Dell here. Too many Dellbots (Hank A, Tom S, Christopher M. ,..,

It happens on both sides here as well as almost any discussion where there
can be dirrerences.
When someone starts with an insult, that is a sure sign they have nothing of
value to contribute.

--

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hmmm---How in the world did I ever get the impression that the pro-Dell
> groupies used that as there prime means of "defense". It certainly
> couldn't
> have been from their posts. >g<

I think the Dellbots are a cult! Reminds me of Amway people.
> It happens on both sides here as well as almost any discussion where there
> can be dirrerences.
> When someone starts with an insult, that is a sure sign they have nothing
> of value to contribute.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hmmm---How in the world did I ever get the impression that the pro-Dell
>> groupies used that as there prime means of "defense". It certainly
>> couldn't
>> have been from their posts. >g<

There are some overly zealous on both sides
What about the ones on the other side?
Can you see them as well?
If not you are as bad as the "Dellbots you refer".

--

>I think the Dellbots are a cult! Reminds me of Amway people.

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Ted Barker wrote:

> It does not really matter. One will not get an objective opinion about Dell
> here. Too many Dellbots (Hank A, Tom S, Christopher M. ,..,

Not to mention the compulsive Dell bashers (no names here). Like so many
other situations in life, read & draw your own conclusions.

It's usually easy to determine who's posting things of value and who
just has an ax to grind after reading for a bit.

So......
Could one refer to a compulsive Dell Basher as an Anti-DellBot?
Hmmm...This is all starting to make sense to me now....very interesting.
Sort of makes me wonder why it took so long for me to get it. And to
think it took a lawyer to get us to sort this all out!
He can't charge for this, can he?
Steve C.

<lobotomy@webtv.net> wrote in message
> So......
> Could one refer to a compulsive Dell Basher as an Anti-DellBot?
> Hmmm...This is all starting to make sense to me now....very interesting.
> Sort of makes me wonder why it took so long for me to get it. And to
> think it took a lawyer to get us to sort this all out!
> He can't charge for this, can he?
> Steve C.

That'll be $350.00, I'm guessing. $400.00 if he answers your last question.

Stew

wrote:

>Do you folks REALLY think this is a lawyer, WITH a YAHOO email address???
>Tom J

Mine had an MSN address, so maybe. Ever consider that he just wanted
a temporary address for the post? It's sure to get spammed.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: