Dell Dimension 2400

justinruss

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
what do you guys think i should do with it? it has been gathering dust for a year and a half, i'd guess, and i'd like to put it to work. I am pretty sure i have a mouse and keyboard and i can get a display, but do you think i could upgrade anything on it to make it better at running games (minecraft, mostly)? i have a $200 budget and can probaly get a display for free from my grandma

thanks for your time

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
What's the current specs on it? Use speccy if you don't know - http://www.piriform.com/speccy

System specs provided by Dell suggests it will run minecraft but at minimal settings at best. You might be able to use it if you have videos you regularly watch or if it has a dvd player. Would work great if you wanted to use it for your music.

Other suggestions include using Linux or surfing the internet.

pbaatrsl

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I got the same one, I bet it doesnt have 12 hours on it. I bought it when I got into Real estate and within a month I had a laptop.. And Mostly used the desktop in the bigroom because it had a 20" monitor to show folks pics...
But one tthing about my Dell desktop is I remember it came with speakers and a subwoofer and that ah heck would really play loud and sounded good.. I have the complete setup, desk included.. I would like to clean it up and get my stuff off there put office 07 and sell it to someone who would appreciate a great starter computer.. And as many old laptops I have to part out I may be able to trade and at least max the
out...

TRENDING THREADS