Dell Dimension b110 / Windows 98SE drivers

ForrestBob

Prominent
May 6, 2017
Hey guys, King F here...

So, I'm doing a little project/experiment: I've got a Dell Dimension b110 system from 2006. It came preloaded with Windows XP, I just swapped out the HDD and have installed Windows 98 Second Edition (and yes, it is a LEGIT copy, License key and all...) The hardware is in it's original configuration, and everything is integrated into the motherboard. I am having some issues getting the drivers to install properly.

Chipset: ???
I honestly don't know if I have the right drivers, or if it's installing properly.

Graphics: Intel Extreme Graphics 2 / 82865G / Springdale G Integrated Video
The driver is installed, but does not give me any options other than 16 Colors and 640x480. It also gives the following error:
"This device cannot find any free Input/Output Range (I/O) resources to use (Code 12.)"

Sound: Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio
There is no sound. At all. Which sucks.
I ran the installer, and some form of software seems to have been installed, but Device Manager is still showing generic drivers.

Ethernet: Intel PRO/100 VE Network connection
The installer I got from Dell's website fails to start. As of right now, I can't seen to get online at all. The internet equipment has been tested and is not problematic.

USB:
My USB keyboard and mouse work okay, but my USB 2.0 flash drive doesn't. This isn't a high priority right now however.

ForrestBob

Prominent
May 6, 2017

Service tag: 685SC91
Model Dimension B110

TRENDING THREADS