Dell E6400 XFR: The Toughest Laptop Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Wow man, I should buy this then go use it 50 feet in the air during a storm over the ocean with it only being held by my hands. Now that would be a real use of this thing..

Aside from average home use or business trips, I think an average joe type laptop is sufficient, but hey, this is cool for extremophiles.

i'd buy it..

then i'd drop it 4 feet into water filled with sand.. and if it breaks i'd ...well probably wonder why i did it in the first place

G

Actually i work for Moran Towing. And we use tough laptops on the barges that we own. On those boats a lot can happen to a laptop. Extreme temperatures, the actual deck men and all the people that use them there, don't take care of them very well, any other laptop would come back in a month.

[citation][nom]iancu[/nom]Actually i work for Moran Towing. And we use tough laptops on the barges that we own. On those boats a lot can happen to a laptop. Extreme temperatures, the actual deck men and all the people that use them there, don't take care of them very well, any other laptop would come back in a month.[/citation]

This type of laptop is commonly used in law enforcement applications too. Many times the Panasonic "Toughbook" is used in patrol vehicles. The environments commonly encountered in such a field usually require a more durable laptop than most of us would use at home.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"The E6400 comes with a 14.1-inch LCD that is readable in direct sunlight. Under the hood, you'll find an unspecified Intel Core 2 Duo."
Perhaps an Intel Core 2 Duo E6400? :)

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
then i'd drop it 4 feet into water filled with sand.. and if it breaks i'd ...well probably wonder why i did it in the first place

lol
I know a guy who threw his GPS in a lake because it's waterproof. That doesn't change the fact that it's not sinkproof.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]lolI know a guy who threw his GPS in a lake because it's waterproof. That doesn't change the fact that it's not sinkproof.[/citation]... or dumbproof!

Status
Not open for further replies.