Dell Enhaced Keyboard Software

manny

Hi,

Does anyone know if Dell has software to program the Hotkeys on the Enhanced
Mutimedia Keyboard?

TIA,
Doc

did you check dell's download site?

"Manny" <Mann'y Place here/ manny> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if Dell has software to program the Hotkeys on the
Enhanced
> Mutimedia Keyboard?
>

> TIA,
> Doc

samh6286

Hello,

This is in response to problems with Dell Enhanced Performance USB Keyboards or Multimedia or PS2 Keyboards nd Hot Keys. My system is a Dell Dimension 8200. After downloading the most recent Driver for my system, I went to the file where Del was downloading Registry Keys that Microsoft Windows needs to recognize the Hot Keys. for me this was C:\Dell\Drivers\Dell Tch\readme\html\regfiles\icons. I clicked on the Icons Registration Entries and then all my Hot Keys worked perfectly.
In this Registry area Dell has three different types the one that was right for me was Icons which were associated with Dell Ehnace Pformance USB Keyboards. The others represent the Multimedia and Quiet PS2 Keyboards; therefore, I think this will probably correct everyone's issue.

Hope it helps.

Sam