Dell Found Guilty Of Fraud In New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Well, it is likely that this will turn into a class action lawsuit, and other states will sue them too. Dell will settle, lawyers will get richer, and (hopefully) Dell will change its ways.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@Shadow

Also, if you DIY (and you're not an idiot) you generally have less issues than if you bought a Dell because the quality of the parts in Dells are shite.

humalong

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
"Dell was also found guilty of pressuring consumers (including those entitled to onsite repair) into attempting to repair the computers themselves."

uhhhh if those people knew about computers, they wouldnt have bought a Dell

lmao

i can just imagine the phone call...

tech: "uh ma'am we wont be able to come out until ohhhhh maybe next tuesday..."
lady: "but ive already been on hold for 3 days, i was hoping you could come sooner"
tech: "yes maam we are very busy helping our customers (crunch on food)"
lady: "well alright, but ill have to take more time off from work"
tech: "actually ma'am tuesday is bad for us also, could i get you to just take a look at it in your free time, i gotta go now. thanks!"

G

Alienware customer service is much worse. I know it's hard to imagine customer service worst than Dell's but it's true. I asked them for their on-site support and they just flat out said 'no'.

My Alienware was shipped to me, DOA. Sent back for repairs, one month later sent back to me and not fixed. Asked for a refund, they said the 30 day refund period had passed. Asked for on-site support, they said "no."

Status
Not open for further replies.