Dell Frustration

Ordered a Dell by phone, it was through their business computer area.
Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I checked
online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to be
tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either. It
seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or finance - I
used my bankcard and the money was available.

Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have this
problem? Why would they just cancel an order.

Thanks
Irene

--
All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004

Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
Principal Broker
Farm Town Realty, LLC
e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
231 Depot Street
Proctorsville, VT 05153
Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
Cell: (802) 353-1983
Office : (802) 226-8022
Fax: (802) 706-1000
E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
<mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
<http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>

I had that happen once.

I asked them to ship it to my office and forgot to call the bank and let
them know I placed an order and had it shipped to an address other than what
the bank had on file. Dell did it for my own protection and I was glad they
did. I just called the bank and the order shipped.

Regardless, they should have called and let you know.

"Irene Gaffigan" <Irene@isellvermontrealestate.com> wrote in message
> Ordered a Dell by phone, it was through their business computer area.
> Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I
> checked
> online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to be
> tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either. It
> seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
> e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or finance -
> used my bankcard and the money was available.
>
> Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
> this
> problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
>
> Thanks
> Irene
>
> --
> All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004
>
> Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
> Principal Broker
> Farm Town Realty, LLC
> e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
> Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
> 231 Depot Street
> Proctorsville, VT 05153
> Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
> Cell: (802) 353-1983
> Office : (802) 226-8022
> Fax: (802) 706-1000
> E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
> <mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
> Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
> <http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>

I had a similar problem with an airline ticket about 12 years ago.
TWA gave the credit card company an incorrect address.
I had given TWO the correct address, believe it or not, TWA changed my
address.

I taught TWA a lesson by going to a local travel agent and paying for the
ticket with the SAME credit card.
Cost TWA the commission to the travel agent.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I had that happen once.
>
> I asked them to ship it to my office and forgot to call the bank and let
> them know I placed an order and had it shipped to an address other than
what
> the bank had on file. Dell did it for my own protection and I was glad
they
> did. I just called the bank and the order shipped.
>
> Regardless, they should have called and let you know.
>
> "Irene Gaffigan" <Irene@isellvermontrealestate.com> wrote in message
> > Ordered a Dell by phone, it was through their business computer area.
> > Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I
> > checked
> > online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to be
> > tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either. It
> > seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
> > e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or
finance -
> > used my bankcard and the money was available.
> >
> > Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
> > this
> > problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Irene
> >
> > --
> > All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004
> >
> > Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
> > Principal Broker
> > Farm Town Realty, LLC
> > e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
> > Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
> > 231 Depot Street
> > Proctorsville, VT 05153
> > Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
> > Cell: (802) 353-1983
> > Office : (802) 226-8022
> > Fax: (802) 706-1000
> > E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
> > <mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
> > Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
> > <http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>

I'll bet that's why they went bankrupt!

> I'll bet that's why they went bankrupt!

Of course!

BigJim

bad credit
"Irene Gaffigan" <Irene@isellvermontrealestate.com> wrote in message
> Ordered a Dell by phone, it was through their business computer area.
> Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I
> checked
> online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to be
> tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either. It
> seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
> e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or finance -
> used my bankcard and the money was available.
>
> Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
> this
> problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
>
> Thanks
> Irene
>
> --
> All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004
>
> Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
> Principal Broker
> Farm Town Realty, LLC
> e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
> Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
> 231 Depot Street
> Proctorsville, VT 05153
> Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
> Cell: (802) 353-1983
> Office : (802) 226-8022
> Fax: (802) 706-1000
> E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
> <mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
> Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
> <http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>

SD

Just don't buy Dell. That was an "omen" to steer clear of Dell products.
You'd be wise to spend the money on a different computer. The frustrations
you will eventually have with owning a Dell is not worth it. Yeah, you
save money by getting a computer at a cheaper cost, however, that is also
the quality of the product you are getting too.

:
: Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
this
: problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
:
: Thanks
: Irene
:
: --
: All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004
:
: Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
: Principal Broker
: Farm Town Realty, LLC
: e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
: Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
: 231 Depot Street
: Proctorsville, VT 05153
: Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
: Cell: (802) 353-1983
: Office : (802) 226-8022
: Fax: (802) 706-1000
: E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
: <mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
: Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
: <http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>
:
:
:

this usually happens when there is a discrepancy between the shipping
address and the address on file with the bank card. i believe that the
motivation for dell to cancel the order without contact is because they
determined possible fraud of credit card use (as suggest by different
address as described above) and so leave it up to you to contact them. what
is most frustrating about it is if you missed a sale of some sort, but i
have found that if you call them to discuss it they will honor the original
sale price and rebates if any... but check current pricing and simply
re-order if the price is better... but this time put the alternate shipping
address on file with your credit card company.

"Irene Gaffigan" <Irene@isellvermontrealestate.com> wrote in message
> Ordered a Dell by phone, it was through their business computer area.
> Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I
> checked
> online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to be
> tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either. It
> seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
> e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or finance -
> used my bankcard and the money was available.
>
> Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
> this
> problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
>
> Thanks
> Irene
>
> --
> All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004
>
> Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
> Principal Broker
> Farm Town Realty, LLC
> e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
> Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
> 231 Depot Street
> Proctorsville, VT 05153
> Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
> Cell: (802) 353-1983
> Office : (802) 226-8022
> Fax: (802) 706-1000
> E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
> <mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
> Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
> <http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>

The ending of the saga with Dell is not pleasant. I called them this
morning and no one could help me - I am sure I spoke to 3 different
countries (that is another story). Everyone said I would have to speak to
my sales rep. - I had e-mailed him over the weekend and did not get a reply.
I called him this morning and did not get a reply - I was also told by one
of the many people I spoke to that he should have advised me about the
cancellation and the reason.

I think it is an outrage that no one informed me about this and had I not
gone online, I would be waiting for a computer that was never coming. I
called Gateway and ordered a better computer for about $50.00 more - I did
find out that by using a bank card there is a limit on purchases (I never
even thought about it) and that caused the sale to be denied by my bank.
The sales person for Gateway advised me of that - all it took was a 2 minute
phone call to my bank and no problems.

Now I will not have the computer until next week instead of this week and it
will hold up one of my agents. I did send a final e-mail to the salesperson
at Dell to confirm that the ordered was cancelled and that I have ordered a
Gateway - I also informed him that at the very least he should have informed
me of the problem. I fully intend to send a letter to Dell Corporate about
the situation, I am sure it will not do much good, but it will make me feel
better. I do have 3 Dell's and this would have been my 4th, but they have
lost a customer wheather they care or not.

Irene

"joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I had that happen once.
>
> I asked them to ship it to my office and forgot to call the bank and let
> them know I placed an order and had it shipped to an address other than
what
> the bank had on file. Dell did it for my own protection and I was glad
they
> did. I just called the bank and the order shipped.
>
> Regardless, they should have called and let you know.
>
> "Irene Gaffigan" <Irene@isellvermontrealestate.com> wrote in message
> > Ordered a Dell by phone, it was through their business computer area.
> > Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I
> > checked
> > online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to be
> > tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either. It
> > seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
> > e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or
finance -
> > used my bankcard and the money was available.
> >
> > Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
> > this
> > problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Irene
> >
> > --
> > All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004
> >
> > Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS
> > Principal Broker
> > Farm Town Realty, LLC
> > e-PRO Certified Internet Professional
> > Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM)
> > 231 Depot Street
> > Proctorsville, VT 05153
> > Toll Free: (800) 659-1819
> > Cell: (802) 353-1983
> > Office : (802) 226-8022
> > Fax: (802) 706-1000
> > E-Mail: mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com
> > <mailto:Irene@IsellVermontRealEstate.com>
> > Website: http://isellvermontrealestate.com
> > <http://isellvermontrealestate.com/>

Credit cards balk when any unusual purchases are made. They are trying to
protect you, here's some examples:

1. Used to travel a lot in the USA and Europe. One time I went to Japan.
About 3 weeks AFTER the trip, the bank called to verify that I was the one
using my credit card in Japan. Well, at least they did not put a hold on my
credit while I was in Japan.

2. When DEC laid me off, I had to buy a PC and associated software/hardware.
Back in 1982, prices were a lot higher, so this was for about $11 500.
Computerland called the credit card while I was in their office. Credit card
refused to approve unless I spoke to them, so I got on the phone. Then
transaction was approved.

3. I live in Nashua, NH (USA) which is just across the border from
Tyngsboro, MA. I regularly go shipping in Nashua and Tyngsboro on the same
day. One day, I got a call from the bank stating that somebody had used my
credit card in NH and MA on the same day! Gee, I guess if I had driven the
40 miles to Boston, they really would have panicked. Imagine, using a credit
card 40 miles apart on the same day!! Earlier this year, I got a similar
call, but this time they did not identify the reason for the call. I shop in
NH and MA just about every week. Supermarket in NH, but Trader Joe's is in
NH. You'd think they would learn.

Heck, I'm scheduled to go to Tokyo in Feb, betchya I get a phone call!

--
> [...]
> > > Checked for status and all was well as of yesterday - this morning I
> > > checked
> > > online for status and found out the order was cancelled. I am fit to
be
> > > tied - no phone calls, no e-mails, nothing - no reason given either.
It
> > > seems to me, if there was a problem with the order, they should have
> > > e-mailed or called me. This was not even done with a charge or
> finance -
> > > used my bankcard and the money was available.
> > >
> > > Of course, I cannot get a live person on a Sat. Anyone else ever have
> > > this
> > > problem? Why would they just cancel an order.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Irene
> > >
> > > --
> > > All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004

Let me understand this. You used your card for a transaction for which it
did not allow -- over your bankcard limit. A limit that would have been in
the card agreement to which you agreed.

Your bank refused the transaction.

Dell therefore cancelled the order, for non-payment.

And it is Dell's fault.

Would it have been courteous to call you? Perhaps. Is it there fault that
your card was refused. Nope.

Tom