Question Dell G3 15 3500 BSOD when the laptop wakes up plus random crashes

ChrisCov

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
Hi,

I used to have a problem with an overheating laptop that was repaired by Dell and some components were replaced. The laptop used to restart due to overheating.
Dell sorted it out a few months ago, but the warranty expired in October.

A few weeks ago, I updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 and new problems started appearing.

i. When the laptop wakes up from hibernation, after lifting up the screen, I keep getting BSOD. The message is:
DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
What failed: IntcOED.sys
and the system restarts.

ii. When playing World of Tanks, or using a lot of applications at the same time, the laptop becomes unresponsive at random times. The game either crashes randomly or becomes unresponsive, so I have to press the power button in order to restart the laptop. The plastic next to the power button is hot and Alienware application shows the processor and the fan temperatures in a range of 88-93 degrees. That's how it used to be before Dell repaired the laptop and exchanged some faulty components. Still, I did not experience this problem after the repair and before I upgraded the system.

Kind regards

Last edited:

ChrisCov

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
HWiNFO shows the temperature in a range of 93-100 degrees for the i7 processor.
The laptop's fan (I don't know if it's the processor fan or the GPU fan) is very noisy at random times. Sometimes the excessive noise lasts for minutes and sometimes for hours.