Question Dell G3 3779 Gaming Laptop

sparker781

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hey All

So after doing some digging and researching my system does come with a 1060 Video Card. I am having issues playing anything lately, such as Mafia III....I am wondering if it's because most of the games I have are installed on a mechanical drive or is it because I only have 16GB of RAM installed? I am trying to figure out what the best way to go about troubleshooting this issue.

I've read that it could be that the games should be installed on an SSD for faster loading and if that's the case then I guess I'd need to upgrade both the SSD that came with the device which is a 256GB drive and the mechanical which is a 1TB drive.

Thanks for the assistance and look forward to hearing from you

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hi there! I see your thread slipped through the cracks here, and I thought I'd weigh in.

First, I'd like to get some more information, if possible. It would really help me diagnose the issue!

1. What exactly seems to be the issue while gaming? Is it slow loading times, bad framerate, or something different?
  2. Is it an issue with every game you play, or just some games?
  3. What operating system are you running?
  4. Are the Nvidia game ready drivers installed?
  5. What specific CPU is in the laptop?
Overall, 16GB of RAM is plenty. You should not have any issues on that front. It could be many things. Here are a few possibilities:
  • GPU not selected as the graphics device on some games
  • Graphics settings too high for GPU
  • CPU Bottleneck
  • Background Programs
  • Bad driver
  • etc.

I'll be able to narrow it down more with the info you provide me. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS