[SOLVED] DELL G3 Gaming Laptop Windows 7 Installation Problem ?

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everybody

I have Dell G3 gaming laptop and I would like to install Windows 7 operating system ( now I am using win 10).
Is there anyone who might be explain step by step how to do that (bios settings, eliminating “A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing” errors etc etc.)?
Thank you very much
Best Regards

Solution
I don't know man.
It doesn't ship with Windows 7, so chances are, it's hardware and BIOS aren't made for that OS, and to get it to work would take a lot of effort, assuming it is even possible.

There's not really any "special" way of doing things with whatever PC you have.
Either it installs or it doesn't.

And as stated, Windows 7 is outdated now and going to be dropped for support by Microsoft.
So it may be time to evaluate what it is exactly about Windows 10 that you don't like and start looking into whether or not those things can be remedied or worked around.

Since I moved on from Windows 7 a long time ago, I don't know much about downgrading to it and all I've learned over the years about doing this from others who have tried is...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You make it sound like your reasons for not wanting to use windows 10 is equivalent to me asking why you broke up with your significant other, or that your reasons involve something illegal lol.

Either way, if you already possess a windows 7 installation disc the using another pc with a disc drive you can make a digital copy of it into an ISO, then use either windows usb/DVD tool or rufus to make a bootable flash drive from it.

Or you can download an iso directly from Microsoft using a windows 7 product key and then make it bootable on a flash drive.

There are also pre made bootable flash drives for windows 7 that you can buy.

That's about it.

Or, again assuming you have the install disc but don't have a disc drive on the laptop and don't have access to another PC with a disc drive, you can buy an external USB disc drive for your laptop.

Here a search result page on Amazon for USB DVD drives. Can pick whichever one you want
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?k=usb+dvd+drive&sprefix=usb+dvd&crid=OS7HEAJL0WW1

Feb 7, 2019
Thank you very much but I need much detail information, such as bois setup for dell g 3 and if I do not have external dvd / cd equipment how may I put the drivers into bootable usb etc etc.

On youtube there are tons of videos however many of them are not fit for my circumstance I guess, because even if I have tried many times it did not work.

Again thank you very much for your very brief answer but as I said, I need something much detail .

Regards

Feb 7, 2019

I have ISO file, I will try with an external dvd equipment in a couple of days.

Feb 7, 2019

Sure I have but while installing I am getting "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" message. I have tried to put required drivers into the bootable USB via some softwares such as “gigbyte” however did not worked. And also I have made some arrangement on bios like disable secure boot still not working.
That’s why I need proper guidance for my circumstance “step-by-step” for the dell last generation laptops.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't know man.
It doesn't ship with Windows 7, so chances are, it's hardware and BIOS aren't made for that OS, and to get it to work would take a lot of effort, assuming it is even possible.

There's not really any "special" way of doing things with whatever PC you have.
Either it installs or it doesn't.

And as stated, Windows 7 is outdated now and going to be dropped for support by Microsoft.
So it may be time to evaluate what it is exactly about Windows 10 that you don't like and start looking into whether or not those things can be remedied or worked around.

Since I moved on from Windows 7 a long time ago, I don't know much about downgrading to it and all I've learned over the years about doing this from others who have tried is that it's just a big pain in the butt.

Here's an article about downgrading.
Can see if it helps you or not.
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/

Solution
Sure I have but while installing I am getting "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" message. I have tried to put required drivers into the bootable USB via some softwares such as “gigbyte” however did not worked. And also I have made some arrangement on bios like disable secure boot still not working.
That’s why I need proper guidance for my circumstance “step-by-step” for the dell last generation laptops.

Read the reply above about no Windows 7 drivers available for your model. If you want the laptop to work properly, leave it as it is. You may be able to force Win 7 on it, maybe, but then what? Audio, video, USB ports, etc... are not likely to work. If you need Win 7 for some reason, return this system and get another model with Win 7 support.

TRENDING THREADS