[SOLVED] DELL G3 hibernating while gaming

Sep 8, 2021
Hello! I have dell g3 15 i7-10750h(turbo boost disabled 2.6ghz) and gtx 1650. While gaming, my laptop turns off automatically. It is not due to overheating because I have logged the temperature and it never goes above 85 degrees while heavy gaming. Now this doesn't happen in all games but it happens in most. Only team fortress 2 and valorant works fine without my laptop going into hibernation. I have tried other games like apex legends, gta 5, cyberpunk, halo, csgo, rust, some unity games, etc and my laptop turns off. This happens after playing the game for 20-30 minutes or 30-40 minutes. It goes into hibernation and display turns off and but the fans keep spinning for like 2 mins then it turns off. Then I can turn on my laptop again and it will resume everything. Idk why this is happening. I thought it was some battery problem so I replaced it few days ago but still it is happening. Nothing on the internet is helping me. I need help D:

Solution
Looks like you dont have much free space on your SSD. This certainly should not cause issues with hibernation, but maybe some Dell software is getting confused when trying to let you know you only have 5% space free.

In any case, a fresh install will force you to remove most of the stuff on your main drive which will give you back a lot of space.

Dell install a lot of crap on their laptops from the factory, but some of it you do actually need. The IME and chipset drivers especially. Make sure you download those and put them on a memory stick before reinstalling.

You might want to get like a 500gb external drive to back up your personal files before you begin also.
D

Deleted member 362816

The g3 laptops are garbage. I work on these for a living. Contact dell for warranty support.

Only other thing you could try is a fresh install of windows if that doesn't fix it contact dell.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Looks like you dont have much free space on your SSD. This certainly should not cause issues with hibernation, but maybe some Dell software is getting confused when trying to let you know you only have 5% space free.

In any case, a fresh install will force you to remove most of the stuff on your main drive which will give you back a lot of space.

Dell install a lot of crap on their laptops from the factory, but some of it you do actually need. The IME and chipset drivers especially. Make sure you download those and put them on a memory stick before reinstalling.

You might want to get like a 500gb external drive to back up your personal files before you begin also.

Solution