[SOLVED] Dell G7 7588 RAM Upgrade to 64 GB

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, I have a Dell G7 7588 laptop with installed RAM 16 GB (2x8 GB).
i7 8th gen (8750H)
Intel HM370 chipset

Manufacturer stated maximum RAM capacity is 32 GB.
I would love to have 64GB RAM in my laptop (for programming purposes, I don't play games much).
Individually, the processor & the chipset are compatible with 64 GB ram.
Has anyone tried doing this? Will 64GB ram work on my laptop?
Also, which RAM to buy?

Thanks.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering your total memory supported by the laptop is officially at 32GB, I'd stick to buying a dual channel 2x16GB DDR4-2666MHz kit as opposed to forcefully dropping in a kit that isn't supported by the laptop makers.

You can try but your results can and will vary. If it doesn't work you just spent resources for something that was said to not be supported. If it works, well, you can jump for joy. Ideally I'd ask to stay within laptop makers limits.

Prior to any ram upgrade, please make sure you're on the latest BISO update for your laptop.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering your total memory supported by the laptop is officially at 32GB, I'd stick to buying a dual channel 2x16GB DDR4-2666MHz kit as opposed to forcefully dropping in a kit that isn't supported by the laptop makers.

You can try but your results can and will vary. If it doesn't work you just spent resources for something that was said to not be supported. If it works, well, you can jump for joy. Ideally I'd ask to stay within laptop makers limits.

Prior to any ram upgrade, please make sure you're on the latest BISO update for your laptop.

Solution