[SOLVED] DEll G7 7590 possibly blown capacitor

Aug 22, 2021
Hello,

I'm looking to replace a blown capacitor on my gaming laptop motherboard. Unfortunately I do not know any information about the capacitor so will need help in knowing what to buy to replace it with.
View: https://imgur.com/a/kisASix

I can provide more images or information that you need. Local repair shops only do replacement parts rather than fixing components and warranty is expired so have to do this myself.

Thank you

Solution
Looks more likely a blown power transistor. That black-ish device, upper right, the one with 5 leads would be the culprit. It looks like the lower right corner is blown out. At any rate, the only capacitors I can see are the two MLCC's in the center of the picture and they appear to be unharmed.

If you can resolve numbers on it (the transistor) you might could replace it but it went bad for a reason and it's quite likely it damaged something else; additional troubleshooting would be required. This is generally the reason shops don't like to replace parts on boards since it leads to hours of troubleshooting, racking up huge tech labor charges.
Looks more likely a blown power transistor. That black-ish device, upper right, the one with 5 leads would be the culprit. It looks like the lower right corner is blown out. At any rate, the only capacitors I can see are the two MLCC's in the center of the picture and they appear to be unharmed.

If you can resolve numbers on it (the transistor) you might could replace it but it went bad for a reason and it's quite likely it damaged something else; additional troubleshooting would be required. This is generally the reason shops don't like to replace parts on boards since it leads to hours of troubleshooting, racking up huge tech labor charges.

Last edited:
Solution
Aug 22, 2021
Looks more likely a blown power transistor. That black-ish device, upper right, the one with 5 leads would be the culprit. It looks like the lower right corner is blown out.

If you can resolve numbers on it you might could replace it but it went bad for a reason and it's quite likely it damaged something else.
Hello,

Thank you. Where would the numbers be? On, under or around it?