Dell Goes Private As Shareholders Approve $25 Billion Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippe Leblanc

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
My hope is this will allow dell to revamp it's products. Instead of delivering products based on the bottom line, they can actually develop stuff that's a bit higher quality. Not to say there isn't a place for budget systems, but some premium offerings would be nice as well where quality is put ahead of profit.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
It seems like Dell is going to die a slow death..... I hope I'm wrong. It's main target just isn't something for me to look at (enterprise).

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Enterprise is where the money is folks. The company I work for has a 4 year rotation for replacing server clusters. So every single year we're giving dell over $1mil for the refreshes. They should seriously dump the consumer crap they have been peddling for years to make the shareholders happy, and concentrate on making the business / enterprise stuff just that little bit better.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Seriously guys, I can't believe the hate on Dell. Their high end monitors are pretty much the best in the business, by a long shot. And can you think of a higher end laptop workstation than the M6700? Nothing comes close (yea, I know it costs $5k, but that's not the point). Also, in the datacenter I work, 90% of all our servers are Dell, they are rock solid..... what's better? HP? No way man! You guys need to think beyond the cheap PCs and realize Dell has a lot of high end and enterprise stuff. I have no problem with Dell at all.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I am looking at a dell monitor now and I have a dell computer on my desk at work. I like their precision monitors. we buy 100's of computers from Dell every year.

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011

It's because they are buying the cheap crap on black Friday. I got a dell for college five years ago, a middle tier Latitude d530. Thing had a horrible resolution of 1024x768. But God damn was it solid. My dog knocked a huge glass of water on it, I accidentally spilled soda and then my other dog knocked another cup of water on it. No problems what so ever. I got a new laptop just because the screen res was terrible. Other wise it was a champ. I used it for a while as a temporary desktop while my main was broken. My fiancee uses it now and the thing can even handle Sims 3. Had no idea it was that good. Anyways, point being Dell actually has decent computers as long as you don't buy the crap $300 ones. Every company has them and to judge them on it is stupid. You have to look at the whole spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.