Dell: Going Private is the Best Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Southeastern might be able to counter offer for a bit more, like 1 or 2 dollars per share. But ultimately, they should just dump their stake. DELL's future as a public company is very gloomy. I just don't see how its share price could go back up above the $20s. If Southeasten tries to hold on, DELL might just sink to an all time low, in the near future.

As a consumer, I already gave up on DELL a long time ago.

meluvcookies

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
not a Dell apologist by any means, but I really hope that this ends up being a good move for them. I've owned a couple of their laptops, and while bargains, they've held up admirably. My understanding is that their quality has dropped off in the past few years. Hopefully this move can help them correct that and start putting out better products.

[citation][nom]downhill911[/nom]Key investors said to be worried that Dell will move on and do better without them.[/citation]
My thoughts exactly. The few who care probably just want in on the deal, but they are not being allowed in so they are making a stink about it.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
As someone wisely said already here at Tom's comments, it is sad when companies enter a market because they feel they have to, because investor and shareholder pressure to enter the market that everybody is in. The brand loses value, the products is sub par, the effort to keep going is lacking, and when the next thing comes along, everything might start over again, abandoning markets and trying to enter new ones without the soul in it.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
p.s. the opposite side is Kodak and their holding on too tight to their ways without taking a real good look at the world and the demands of customers. But Dell is not Kodak. Dell, IMO, is doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS