Dell has changed it policy on OS disk

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
> Irene wrote:
>> Let's put this to rest.
>>
>> Actually, Stew, you are totally correct on one count, you are partially
>> wrong on one count and totally wrong on the other.
>> Correct, I am not a not a "blathering idiot"
>
> Right, it's "blithering" idiot.
>
> :)

Take your pick, Sparky. I believe either will do perfectly well.

We need a new phrase.

Trolling while simulatenously whining in the group can now be correctly
termed, labeled or addressed as "going Irene."

i.e.- "darn, Tom, don't go Irene on me."

i.e.- "Notan, I know you're pissed, but there's no real need to go Irene
over it."

i.e.- "don't make me GO IRENE on your ass."

The implication being, don't upset me to the point where I'll stay around
and annoy you in length and duration more thoroughly than a Jehovah's
witness pitbull.

Stew

> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
> > Irene wrote:
> >> Let's put this to rest.
> >>
> >> Actually, Stew, you are totally correct on one count, you are
partially
> >> wrong on one count and totally wrong on the other.
> >> Correct, I am not a not a "blathering idiot"
> >
> > Right, it's "blithering" idiot.
> >
> > :)
>

> Take your pick, Sparky. I believe either will do perfectly well.
>
> We need a new phrase.
>
> Trolling while simulatenously whining in the group can now be
correctly
> termed, labeled or addressed as "going Irene."
>
> i.e.- "darn, Tom, don't go Irene on me."
>
> i.e.- "Notan, I know you're pissed, but there's no real need to go
Irene
> over it."
>
> i.e.- "don't make me GO IRENE on your ass."
>
> The implication being, don't upset me to the point where I'll stay
around
> and annoy you in length and duration more thoroughly than a Jehovah's
> witness pitbull.
>

> Stew

Hey now, even JWs are not as incessantly annoying and whiney as Iwhine
is... Now maybe a case of syphilis....

"S.Lewis" wrote:

> <snip>
>
> We need a new phrase.
>
> Trolling while simulatenously whining in the group can now be correctly
> termed, labeled or addressed as "going Irene."
>
> i.e.- "darn, Tom, don't go Irene on me."
>
> i.e.- "Notan, I know you're pissed, but there's no real need to go Irene
> over it."
>
> i.e.- "don't make me GO IRENE on your ass."

<VBG>

You've outdone yourself, Stew.

Best post I've seen in a *long* time!!!

Notan

You are fortunate, but you ARE NOT EVERY ONE-----
And not ALL computers that Dell builds and sell are the same as yours----ARE
THEY?

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You are fortunate, but you ARE NOT EVERY ONE-----
> And not ALL computers that Dell builds and sell are the same as
> yours----ARE THEY?

You are an annoying, pompous, no-life pain in the ass to continue taking
such an intellectual beating so publicly.

I hope your mother is proud because you are making a complete jackass of
yourself.

Irene wrote:

> You are fortunate, but you ARE NOT EVERY ONE-----
> And not ALL computers that Dell builds and sell are the same as yours----ARE
> THEY?

If you missed an earlier post:

I *never* said that *all* drivers (especially third-party) were available.

You asked me, "... ALL drivers for the original configuration of you computer?"

Every driver, for every one of *my* computers, is available.

Notan

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You are fortunate, but you ARE NOT EVERY ONE-----
> > And not ALL computers that Dell builds and sell are the same as
> > yours----ARE THEY?
> >

> You are an annoying, pompous, no-life pain in the ass to continue taking
> such an intellectual beating so publicly.
>
> I hope your mother is proud because you are making a complete jackass of
> yourself.

Hey watch it bucky... that's damn near elder abuse! 8)

Horsefeathers! WHAT drivers for Iomega ZIP drives? Drivers are not required to
operate a ZIP drive under a modern version of Windows or Linux. Sheesh!

.... Ben Myers

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:56:13 GMT, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Why don't you just admit that you were wrong?
>You must go to Iomega to get the drivers. They are no where on any Dell web
>page.
>This is also true for other hardware that is supplied and installed by Dell
>on the computers they sell, build and ship.

<SNIP!>

Ah, name calling and insults, two of the true identifiers of the "Dellbot".

Irene wrote:

> Ah, name calling and insults, two of the true identifiers of the "Dellbot".

If that's the case, you've just defined yourself as a Dellbot.

Now I'm really confused.

Notan

More of the true traits of the "Dellbot"

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You are fortunate, but you ARE NOT EVERY ONE-----
>> And not ALL computers that Dell builds and sell are the same as
>> yours----ARE THEY?
>>

> You are an annoying, pompous, no-life pain in the ass to continue taking
> such an intellectual beating so publicly.
>
> I hope your mother is proud because you are making a complete jackass of
> yourself.

More insults. More proof that you are a true "Dellbot".

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Where did you get the idea that we ever had an HP Colorado drive----I
>> don't even know what it is.
>>

> Or what a zip drive is for that matter. I'm stunned.

And still more insults. Even more proof that you are a complete, true
"Dellbot".

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Let's put this to rest.
>>

> If you'd have simply stopped there about a year ago, you'd have managed a
> small shred of any credibility. You've painted yourself as a complete
> buffoon.

"Dellbot" is now name calling. Here, I thought it was an identifier placed
on certain members of this group by other members of this same group.

Guess, I was wrong. >GR<

NOT

> Irene wrote:
>>
>> Ah, name calling and insults, two of the true identifiers of the
>> "Dellbot".
>
> If that's the case, you've just defined yourself as a Dellbot.
>
> Now I'm really confused.
>
> Notan

> Now I'm really confused.
>
> Notan

I'm glad you finally got around to admitting it.
At least this is one thing you and I agree on.

>gr<

> Irene wrote:
>>
>> Ah, name calling and insults, two of the true identifiers of the
>> "Dellbot".
>
> If that's the case, you've just defined yourself as a Dellbot.
>
> Now I'm really confused.
>
> Notan

I don't think I've read one constructive posting by Irene in this thread. This
blabbing on and on incessantly is the mark of a true TROLL. This newsgroup
would have a higher percentage of useful posted messages if all trolls would go
back under the rocks where they came from... Ben Myers

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:04:08 -0400, "Dogface" <DogFace@doghouse.com>
wrote:

>This is forcing you to buy a replacement hard drive from them that will have
>the OS. Isn't this sort of bundling illegal?

Who cares what is legal or not legal in the marketplace? Look at
MicroSoft. It is a legaly recognized monopoly that is still allowed
to exist as one.

(American "capitalist" values are very weak these days)\

Kevin

Kevin K Fosler wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:04:08 -0400, "Dogface" <DogFace@doghouse.com>
> wrote:
>

>>This is forcing you to buy a replacement hard drive from them that will have
>>the OS. Isn't this sort of bundling illegal?
>

> Who cares what is legal or not legal in the marketplace? Look at
> MicroSoft. It is a legaly recognized monopoly that is still allowed
> to exist as one.
>
> (American "capitalist" values are very weak these days)\

Crooks always have some BS rationalization for being crooks.

larry wrote:
> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>You are fortunate, but you ARE NOT EVERY ONE-----
>>>And not ALL computers that Dell builds and sell are the same as
>>>yours----ARE THEY?
>>>

>>You are an annoying, pompous, no-life pain in the ass to continue taking
>>such an intellectual beating so publicly.
>>
>>I hope your mother is proud because you are making a complete jackass of
>>yourself.
>

> Hey watch it bucky... that's damn near elder abuse! 8)

OUCH!

LOL

S.Lewis wrote:
> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
>
>>Irene wrote:
>>
>>>Let's put this to rest.
>>>
>>>Actually, Stew, you are totally correct on one count, you are partially
>>>wrong on one count and totally wrong on the other.
>>>Correct, I am not a not a "blathering idiot"
>>
>>Right, it's "blithering" idiot.
>>
>>:)
>
> Take your pick, Sparky. I believe either will do perfectly well.

True, I was trying to make a funny, sorry. :(

Steve W. wrote:
> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message

> partially

>>>Right, it's "blithering" idiot.
>>>
>>>:)
>>

>>Take your pick, Sparky. I believe either will do perfectly well.
>>
>>We need a new phrase.
>>
>>Trolling while simulatenously whining in the group can now be
>
> correctly
>
>>termed, labeled or addressed as "going Irene."
>>
>>i.e.- "darn, Tom, don't go Irene on me."
>>
>>i.e.- "Notan, I know you're pissed, but there's no real need to go
>
> Irene
>
>>over it."
>>
>>i.e.- "don't make me GO IRENE on your ass."
>>
>>The implication being, don't upset me to the point where I'll stay
>
> around
>
>>and annoy you in length and duration more thoroughly than a Jehovah's
>>witness pitbull.
>>

>>Stew
>
> Hey now, even JWs are not as incessantly annoying and whiney as Iwhine
> is... Now maybe a case of syphilis....

Tertiary stage, definitely. A shame, really, when a simple blast of
penicillin years ago would have cleared it up with no dementia.

Irene wrote:
> Ah, name calling and insults, two of the true identifiers of the "Dellbot".

And NG trolls.

Irene wrote:
> "Dellbot" is now name calling.

No, it always was.

> S.Lewis wrote:
>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message

>>>Right, it's "blithering" idiot.
>>>
>>>:)
>>
>> Take your pick, Sparky. I believe either will do perfectly well.
>
> True, I was trying to make a funny, sorry. :(

And it was. :)

But it was enough to make me double-check. heh

.... And the unbending support of crooks in the government, after the crooks
received massive campaign contributions from Micro$oft, Gate$, and Ballmer.
Here we have company found to be a monopolist beyond a doubt in a court of law,
and suddenly with the change in administration, no attempt what so ever to curb
the monopolistic behavior... Ben Myers

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 02:22:42 -0400, Sparky Spartacus