Dell has changed it policy on OS disk

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:

>... And the unbending support of crooks in the government, after the crooks
>received massive campaign contributions from Micro$oft, Gate$, and Ballmer.
>Here we have company found to be a monopolist beyond a doubt in a court of law,
>and suddenly with the change in administration, no attempt what so ever to curb
>the monopolistic behavior... Ben Myers

The Franchise Extension to the Golden Rule ["He who has the gold
makes the rules"] is "He who has the gold and buys politicians
with some of it gets to make the laws too."
--
OJ III

Ben Myers wrote:
> ... And the unbending support of crooks in the government, after the crooks
> received massive campaign contributions from Micro$oft, Gate$, and Ballmer.
> Here we have company found to be a monopolist beyond a doubt in a court of law,
> and suddenly with the change in administration, no attempt what so ever to curb
> the monopolistic behavior... Ben Myers

Yup, no argument there from me. Thus was it ever so.

S.Lewis wrote:
> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
>
>>S.Lewis wrote:
>>
>>>"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message

>>>Take your pick, Sparky. I believe either will do perfectly well.
>>
>>True, I was trying to make a funny, sorry. :(
>
> And it was. :)
>
> But it was enough to make me double-check. heh

lol - heh, indeed!

Yet another example of the insults that are rained down from the "Dellbots".

Irene wrote:
> Yet another example of the insults that are rained down from the "Dellbots".

Boo, hoo, hoo!

And yet another example.

> Irene wrote:
>> Ah, name calling and insults, two of the true identifiers of the
>> "Dellbot".
>
> And NG trolls.
>
> Don't make me go IRENE on your ass!

AH,

but like all good "Dellbots", you sure are good at swearing, insults, and
name calling.

> Irene wrote:
>> "Dellbot" is now name calling.
>
> No, it always was.

Face it, Irene, you bring it on yourself. Why do you enjoy making yourself a
target? Or do you imagine yourself a heroine?

Ted Zieglar

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> AH,
>
> but like all good "Dellbots", you sure are good at swearing, insults,
> and name calling.
>

> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
>> Irene wrote:
>>> "Dellbot" is now name calling.
>>
>> No, it always was.

Are you joining the group too?

> Face it, Irene, you bring it on yourself. Why do you enjoy making yourself
> a target? Or do you imagine yourself a heroine?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> AH,
>>
>> but like all good "Dellbots", you sure are good at swearing, insults,
>> and name calling.
>>

>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> No, it always was.

You haven't heard me crying about your insults.
I just enjoy pointing out your attitude and behavior.
The more insults you post, the more obvious you become to others.

> Irene wrote:
>> Yet another example of the insults that are rained down from the
>> "Dellbots".
>
> Boo, hoo, hoo!

Well, Irene, as the man says... You bring it on yourself. Made any constructive
contributions to this newsgroup lately? Solved any problems for newbies? WE
ARE part of the group, and we peceive YOU as the outsider... Ben Myers

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:47:43 GMT, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Are you joining the group too?
>
>"Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> Face it, Irene, you bring it on yourself. Why do you enjoy making yourself
>> a target? Or do you imagine yourself a heroine?
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> AH,
>>>
>>> but like all good "Dellbots", you sure are good at swearing, insults,
>>> and name calling.
>>>

>>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:

>"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Are you joining the group too?

>Well, Irene, as the man says... You bring it on yourself. Made any constructive
>contributions to this newsgroup lately? Solved any problems for newbies? WE
>ARE part of the group, and we peceive YOU as the outsider... Ben Myers

Ben makes a good point, Irene. You never make any posts that
help people out, and content yourself with slagging everyone that
does with the label Dellbot. You have been in my killfile for a
long time, but I invariably get a chance to see your vitriol
quoted by others.

I contrast that with a regular poster in another "user-to-user"
group like this. She, too, incessantly harps on the myriad
faults in the program involved - some of them real, some of them
as perceived by her but not others - but does so in a quite
amusing fashion. She also is a whiz in her knowledge of the
program involved, and even while taking shots at it, offers
constructive and effective solutions to the problems raised by
other posters. She takes no pot-shots at other regular posters,
as you incessantly do, but does not suffer trolls gladly, and
takes them apart with a great amount of enthusiasm and glee. I
sincerely hope she buys a Dell some day, and comes to this group.
For her, taking you on would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

For me, I am content with merely keeping you in the killfile, and
generally ignoring anything with an "Irene"
<whoever@whatever.com> wrote: in the attributions section of a
post.
--
OJ III

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> Face it, Irene, you bring it on yourself. Why do you enjoy making
> yourself a target? Or do you imagine yourself a heroine?

For the truly needy, *any* attention is better than no attention.

<to save Eyereen the bother of replying>

Waaaaaahhh!

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>Made any constructive
>>contributions to this newsgroup lately? Solved any >>problems for
>>newbies?

Yes, as you well know IF you really have been reading ALL my messages, I
have made contributions to this group. Admittedly limited, because my
computer knowledge is limited, but still, they have been made.

I have over several years pointed out rude and unseemly behavior by certain
members of this group and I will continue to do so. If they don't like it,
they can clean up their act, or continue to receive criticism from me. It is
their choice.
Whether they perceive me as an "outsider" or not is of little importance to
me. We have three Dell computers and I have as much right to read and post
here as any of the rest of you.
I feel that the name calling, insults, and swearing directed at anyone
perceived as "anti-Dell" or an "outsider" is uncalled for and I will
continue to call attention to those who do it. Including you, when required.

So, as I said, if you and the others don't like my calling attention to
their bad behavior, clean up your posts.
It IS possible to disagree with someone with calling them names, insulting
them, or swearing at them. IS IT NOT?

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:
>
>>"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>Are you joining the group too?
>
>>Well, Irene, as the man says... You bring it on yourself. Made any
>>constructive
>>contributions to this newsgroup lately? Solved any problems for newbies?
>>WE
>>ARE part of the group, and we peceive YOU as the outsider... Ben Myers
>
> Ben makes a good point, Irene. You never make any posts that
> help people out, and content yourself with slagging everyone that
> does with the label Dellbot. You have been in my killfile for a
> long time, but I invariably get a chance to see your vitriol
> quoted by others.
>
> I contrast that with a regular poster in another "user-to-user"
> group like this. She, too, incessantly harps on the myriad
> faults in the program involved - some of them real, some of them
> as perceived by her but not others - but does so in a quite
> amusing fashion. She also is a whiz in her knowledge of the
> program involved, and even while taking shots at it, offers
> constructive and effective solutions to the problems raised by
> other posters. She takes no pot-shots at other regular posters,
> as you incessantly do, but does not suffer trolls gladly, and
> takes them apart with a great amount of enthusiasm and glee. I
> sincerely hope she buys a Dell some day, and comes to this group.
> For her, taking you on would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
>
> For me, I am content with merely keeping you in the killfile, and
> generally ignoring anything with an "Irene"
> <whoever@whatever.com> wrote: in the attributions section of a
> post.
> --
> OJ III
> [Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
> Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

Why don't you and Ted, and the rest of the "Dellbots" clean up your acts.
Try not calling people names, try not insulting those who happen to disagree
with you or who you disagree with, and PLEASE. quit swearing in the posts to
the group.
Try it and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised.

THAT IS IF ANY OF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THE GROUP.

Your future behavior will tell just how much you care.

Irene wrote:

> Why don't you and Ted, and the rest of the "Dellbots" clean up your acts.
> Try not calling people names, try not insulting those who happen to disagree
> with you or who you disagree with, and PLEASE. quit swearing in the posts to
> the group.
>
> <snip>

One minute you express your distaste for name calling,
then you refer to certain individuals as "Dellbots."

Don't you find this a bit hypocritical?

Notan

Irene wrote:

> <snip>

Call me what you want.

At least I'm not a hypocrite.

Notan

I didn't call you anything, other than to say you fit the description of a
"Dellbot". Those were ALL quotes from your own posts. Every one of
them(except "Dellbot" that is, and I didn't originate that one, that credit
has to go to someone else).
I can fully understand why you didn't want to include them in your response,
I wouldn't either if I had posted such comments and such language.

And sorry, but you are a hypocrite. You posted the kind of garbage that I
quoted and you criticize others for what they post. What else would you call
yourself?

As I said, I am sure that I can find more such posts by you without having
to look very hard.

> Irene wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>
> Call me what you want.
>
> At least I'm not a hypocrite.
>
> Notan

I have a very nice life, thank you, that includes, three children and twelve
grandchildren, homes in three parts of the world, and a lot of travel.
You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
people's lives.

"David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Irene,
>
> You need to "get a life".
>
> Dave

You need to do more travelling. Visit some of those homes of yours. Why
spend so much time with people for whom you have such disdain? Better to
enjoy your grandchildren.

>I have a very nice life, thank you, that includes, three children and
>twelve grandchildren, homes in three parts of the world, and a lot of
>travel.
> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
> people's lives.
>
> "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Irene,
>>
>> You need to "get a life".
>>
>> Dave

> "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Irene,
>>
>> You need to "get a life".
>>
>> Dave

I haven't read or posted in awhile here as I build my on computers now but
still own a 4100 Dim. But it seems we have a new self appointed moderator
and complainer by name of "Irene". Seem's like every group gets one of these
with disdane for the product and gives absolutely nothing to the group and
just takes up a lot of bandwidth with dribble.

Waiting for a severe tongue lashing from the self appointed 'moderator' &
criticizer of this group, whom it seems is hated by all...haven't read not
*one* positive answer to her. See must *like* this treatment...kind of like
whips and chains maybe??

....Allen

It would appear the same applies to you.
You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
people's lives.

A Little History:

This all started because my grand daughter, who had a Dell that we gave her,
came into this group and asked what to some of you was a "stupid" question.
A question that to some of you indicated that she was "ignorant". She was
then rewarded with a string of vile comets that I would not even consider
repeating.
After seeing those posts, I made it my mission to call attention to the
behavior of the pro Dell people who seem to feel they have the right to
harass any one they don't agree with or that they think are too "ignorant"
to post to the group.

So, blame them, not me.I think you a very aware of who they are.

> You need to do more travelling. Visit some of those homes of yours. Why
> spend so much time with people for whom you have such disdain? Better to
> enjoy your grandchildren.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a very nice life, thank you, that includes, three children and
>>twelve grandchildren, homes in three parts of the world, and a lot of
>>travel.
>> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
>> people's lives.
>>
>> "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Irene,
>>>
>>> You need to "get a life".
>>>
>>> Dave

Nobody cares about your "mission" so you're obviously failing. Don't you
have happy positive upbeat missions to fulfill in your life?

> It would appear the same applies to you.
> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
> people's lives.
>
> A Little History:
>
> This all started because my grand daughter, who had a Dell that we gave
> her, came into this group and asked what to some of you was a "stupid"
> question. A question that to some of you indicated that she was
> "ignorant". She was then rewarded with a string of vile comets that I
> would not even consider repeating.
> After seeing those posts, I made it my mission to call attention to the
> behavior of the pro Dell people who seem to feel they have the right to
> harass any one they don't agree with or that they think are too "ignorant"
> to post to the group.
>
> So, blame them, not me.I think you a very aware of who they are.

>> You need to do more travelling. Visit some of those homes of yours. Why
>> spend so much time with people for whom you have such disdain? Better to
>> enjoy your grandchildren.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a very nice life, thank you, that includes, three children and
>>>twelve grandchildren, homes in three parts of the world, and a lot of
>>>travel.
>>> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
>>> people's lives.
>>>
>>> "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message

I think that YOU need to read the reply that I just made to Ted.