Dell has changed it policy on OS disk

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

do you remember the question your granddaughter asked?

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It would appear the same applies to you.
> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
> people's lives.
>
> A Little History:
>
> This all started because my grand daughter, who had a Dell that we gave
> her, came into this group and asked what to some of you was a "stupid"
> question. A question that to some of you indicated that she was
> "ignorant". She was then rewarded with a string of vile comets that I
> would not even consider repeating.
> After seeing those posts, I made it my mission to call attention to the
> behavior of the pro Dell people who seem to feel they have the right to
> harass any one they don't agree with or that they think are too "ignorant"
> to post to the group.
>
> So, blame them, not me.I think you a very aware of who they are.

>> You need to do more travelling. Visit some of those homes of yours. Why
>> spend so much time with people for whom you have such disdain? Better to
>> enjoy your grandchildren.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a very nice life, thank you, that includes, three children and
>>>twelve grandchildren, homes in three parts of the world, and a lot of
>>>travel.
>>> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
>>> people's lives.
>>>
>>> "David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message

I wonder if she remembers much of anything.

Ted Zieglar

>I wonder if she remembers much of anything.
>
> Ted Zieglar

I suspect this is "going Irene" in diversionary mode.

Newbies in here are treated as well if not better than other posters simply
because they *are* new users. We were *all* new users at one time. Now, if
a new user comes into the group and is blaming everything and their acne on
their system (or more specifically Dell)- that might be another matter
entirely. How the hell would one expect this group to be anything but
biased towards Dell systems in most all cases?

I don't believe this latest excuse. Further, I find it sad that someone so
independently wealthy (according to the source, though it matters not for
the content of the posts in this group) would bother spending time here at
all.

I'm not independently wealthy, and I'm not close - nor do I expect to be
ever. But if I ever hit the lottery, please expect me to disappear for an
extended period of time if not altogether. I'd hope I could find something
positive to do with myself to some greater degree with those improved
options.

I'm here because I enjoy working with systems, helping others where I can
while learning a great deal at the same time.

I empathize with folks who have PC problems and who take some degree of
responsibility for their plight. I don't have time for perpetual whiners
and the seemingly eternally blameless.

I really enjoy this group and especially the regulars who bring to the table
what knowledge they have to offer with a good attitude.

Stew

"Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote:

>"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote

>> A Little History:
>>
>> This all started because my grand daughter, who had a Dell that we gave
>> her, came into this group and asked what to some of you was a "stupid"
>> question. A question that to some of you indicated that she was
>> "ignorant". She was then rewarded with a string of vile comets that I
>> would not even consider repeating.
>> After seeing those posts, I made it my mission to call attention to the
>> behavior of the pro Dell people who seem to feel they have the right to
>> harass any one they don't agree with or that they think are too "ignorant"
>> to post to the group.

Nobody denies there is the odd stupid fool, or worse, posting in
this n.g. that would do such a thing. But in taking retribution
in your fashion against everyone in the news group, most of whom
would have, and some probably did, treat your granddaughter
decently, you have become just as much a nasty stupid fool as the
nasty stupid fools you are exacting revenge on by punishing an
entire newsgroup.

>> So, blame them, not me.I think you a very aware of who they are.

I blame them for being stupid fools, and probably didn't see
their treatment of your granddaughter, having killfiled them as
soon as they revealed themselves as being stupid fools.

Similarly, I blame you for being a stupid fool, and have treated
you just as I have those others. I am an equal opportunity
stupid fool killfiler.
--
OJ III

Yes. After we got back from Europe, my husband was able to fix the problem
with her computer. It was very basic and very simple, but that doesn't
excuse the comments that were given to her post.
If people would just think before they post comments such as she received,
or like others that appear in this and other groups. Not everyone is a
computer genius and not everyone is able to distinguish between problems
that they inadvertently cause and those caused by a piece of hardware or
software.
Wouldn't a simple explanation be better than ridicule, insults, and fowl
language.
The example that I just posted to AlanP was a post that appeared last fall
in another computer group.
That is what happens when any sort vile of comments are tolerated.

Irene

"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> do you remember the question your granddaughter asked?
>

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It would appear the same applies to you.
>> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
>> people's lives.
>>
>> A Little History:
>>
>> This all started because my grand daughter, who had a Dell that we gave
>> her, came into this group and asked what to some of you was a "stupid"
>> question. A question that to some of you indicated that she was
>> "ignorant". She was then rewarded with a string of vile comets that I
>> would not even consider repeating.
>> After seeing those posts, I made it my mission to call attention to the
>> behavior of the pro Dell people who seem to feel they have the right to
>> harass any one they don't agree with or that they think are too
>> "ignorant" to post to the group.
>>
>> So, blame them, not me.I think you a very aware of who they are.
>>

>> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You need to do more travelling. Visit some of those homes of yours. Why
>>> spend so much time with people for whom you have such disdain? Better to
>>> enjoy your grandchildren.
>>>
>>> Ted Zieglar
>>>
>>> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,swnet.diverse (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:16:20 -0500, S.Lewis velade upplysa oss om
följande intressanta saker:

> We need a new phrase.

Okey.

> Trolling while simulatenously whining in the group can now be correctly
> termed, labeled or addressed as "going Irene."
>
> i.e.- "darn, Tom, don't go Irene on me."
>
> i.e.- "Notan, I know you're pissed, but there's no real need to go Irene
> over it."
>
> i.e.- "don't make me GO IRENE on your ass."

Going Irene is that something similar to "going postal", is that one
being replaced?

--
/Anders Öquist

"Forgive me father for I have sinned
I'm a child of the air, I'm a witch of the wind
And I'm still awake... Mary Jane"

"Anders Öquist" <det.var@val.skitsamma> wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:16:20 -0500, S.Lewis velade upplysa oss om
> följande intressanta saker:
>
>> We need a new phrase.
>
> Okey.
>

>> Trolling while simulatenously whining in the group can now be correctly
>> termed, labeled or addressed as "going Irene."
>>
>> i.e.- "darn, Tom, don't go Irene on me."
>>
>> i.e.- "Notan, I know you're pissed, but there's no real need to go Irene
>> over it."
>>
>> i.e.- "don't make me GO IRENE on your ass."
>
> Going Irene is that something similar to "going postal", is that one
> being replaced?

I wouldn't do that to my letter carrier. "He's good people".

"Going medieval", "going technical" - yeah, the terms are hot swappable.
It's just that the aforementioned doesn't do much but b!tch, whine,
complain, blame, assign, label, misrepresent topics as opposed to becoming
violently profane. Sort of like a comedian with the build up and no punch
line.

Further, it's pretty clear that she's now achieved a remarkably high level
of irrelevancy in a matter of hours.

A spectacular flame-out into a smoldering hole, if you will.

Stew

Irene wrote:
> Why don't you and Ted, and the rest of the "Dellbots" clean up your acts.
> Try not calling people names, try not insulting those who happen to disagree
> with you or who you disagree with, and PLEASE. quit swearing in the posts to
> the group.
> Try it and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised.
>
> THAT IS IF ANY OF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THE GROUP.
>
> Your future behavior will tell just how much you care.

Why don't you lead by example?

Notan wrote:
> Irene wrote:
>
>>Why don't you and Ted, and the rest of the "Dellbots" clean up your acts.
>>Try not calling people names, try not insulting those who happen to disagree
>>with you or who you disagree with, and PLEASE. quit swearing in the posts to
>>the group.
>>
>><snip>
>

> One minute you express your distaste for name calling,
> then you refer to certain individuals as "Dellbots."
>
> Don't you find this a bit hypocritical?

I'm certain she doesn't, Notan.

Irene wrote:
> I have a very nice life, thank you, that includes, three children and twelve
> grandchildren, homes in three parts of the world, and a lot of travel.
> You, dear, need to worry more about your own life and less about other
> people's lives.

Right, I bump into folks like this all over Usenet, e.g., the 4'11",
350lb guy who has a stable of Ferraris and dates only supermodels, etc.
I'm sure we've all encountered them.

If Irene does a "lot of travel", she must be using warp drive based on
her level of posts on this NG.

Irene wrote:
> You don't read my posts very carefully, do you?
> I simply point out their behavior, such as your filthy language.

Right, you "simply point out" blah, blah, blah - when were you appointed
Usenet cop? It seems I missed that memo.

Allen L. wrote:
>>"David" <davids1165@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Irene,
>>>
>>>You need to "get a life".
>>>
>>>Dave
>

> I haven't read or posted in awhile here as I build my on computers now but
> still own a 4100 Dim. But it seems we have a new self appointed moderator
> and complainer by name of "Irene". Seem's like every group gets one of these
> with disdane for the product and gives absolutely nothing to the group and
> just takes up a lot of bandwidth with dribble.
>
> Waiting for a severe tongue lashing from the self appointed 'moderator' &
> criticizer of this group, whom it seems is hated by all...haven't read not
> *one* positive answer to her. See must *like* this treatment...kind of like
> whips and chains maybe??

Now I'm all for tongue lashings, but let's leave Irene out of the
equation, okay? <shudder>

Irene wrote:

> > Do you give bad haircuts?
>
> Again, you need to read more carefully. That comment was made by Notan. So,
> you need to ask Notan.

Yup, that was me. Sheer carelessness, writing "shear stupity."

That's what you get when a tired engineer tries to post! <g>

Notan

You appear to be posting more than me.
Why don't you?

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
> Irene wrote:
>> Why don't you and Ted, and the rest of the "Dellbots" clean up your acts.
>> Try not calling people names, try not insulting those who happen to
>> disagree with you or who you disagree with, and PLEASE. quit swearing in
>> the posts to the group.
>> Try it and see what happens. You might be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>> THAT IS IF ANY OF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THE GROUP.
>>
>> Your future behavior will tell just how much you care.
>
> Why don't you lead by example?

Do a Google search for the period from March 1, 2005 to April 1, 2005 if you
doubt my word.

> Irene wrote:
> > You don't read my posts very carefully, do you?
> > I simply point out their behavior, such as your filthy language.
>
> Right, you "simply point out" blah, blah, blah - when were you appointed
> Usenet cop? It seems I missed that memo.

adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where children
are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult, do
you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
children within earshot?

either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean up
your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
through those discussions?

your mama wrote:

> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
> > Irene wrote:
> > > You don't read my posts very carefully, do you?
> > > I simply point out their behavior, such as your filthy language.
> >
> > Right, you "simply point out" blah, blah, blah - when were you appointed
> > Usenet cop? It seems I missed that memo.
>
> adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where children
> are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult, do
> you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
> children within earshot?
>
> either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean up
> your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
> through those discussions?

If I'm in someone's house, I respect the rules of the house.

Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech.

Until Usenet becomes "your house," the only way to keep children
from hearing/reading obscenities (Some people feel the word "damn"
is an obscenity!) on Usenet is to keep them *off* Usenet.

Notan

> your mama wrote:
> >
> > "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Right, you "simply point out" blah, blah, blah - when were you
appointed
> > > Usenet cop? It seems I missed that memo.
> >
> > adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where
children
> > are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult,
do
> > you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
> > children within earshot?
> >
> > either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean
up
> > your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
> > through those discussions?
>
> If I'm in someone's house, I respect the rules of the house.
>
> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech.
>
> Until Usenet becomes "your house," the only way to keep children
> from hearing/reading obscenities (Some people feel the word "damn"
> is an obscenity!) on Usenet is to keep them *off* Usenet.
>
> Notan

but the usenet *is* in my home. it is in a lot of peoples homes.
why can't you treat the place like you treat your other friends homes.

so it's too much to ask of "adults" that they not use obscene language in
posts?
keep that bar nice and low so nobody has to worry about civility.
so given your premise, the usenet will forever remain a sewer because some
purported "adults" can't act like adults and control their langauage. last
time i checked obscenities were a necessity for communication.

your mama wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> > your mama wrote:
> > >
> > > "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message

> appointed
> > >
> > > adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where
> children
> > > are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult,
> do
> > > you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
> > > children within earshot?
> > >
> > > either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean
> up
> > > your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
> > > through those discussions?
> >
> > If I'm in someone's house, I respect the rules of the house.
> >
> > Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech.
> >
> > Until Usenet becomes "your house," the only way to keep children
> > from hearing/reading obscenities (Some people feel the word "damn"
> > is an obscenity!) on Usenet is to keep them *off* Usenet.
> >
> > Notan
>
> but the usenet *is* in my home. it is in a lot of peoples homes.
> why can't you treat the place like you treat your other friends homes.
>
> so it's too much to ask of "adults" that they not use obscene language in
> posts?
> keep that bar nice and low so nobody has to worry about civility.
> so given your premise, the usenet will forever remain a sewer because some
> purported "adults" can't act like adults and control their langauage. last
> time i checked obscenities were a necessity for communication.

"last time i checked obscenities were a necessity for communication."

Freudian slip? <g>

Notan

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:06:12 -0500, "S.Lewis"
<stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:

>You are an annoying, pompous, no-life pain in the ass to continue taking
>such an intellectual beating so publicly.

Well, you quoted her, so what does that make you?
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:45:02 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>I don't think I've read one constructive posting by Irene in this thread. This
>blabbing on and on incessantly is the mark of a true TROLL.

I'll try to use little words here.

1. Don't quote her.
2. Learn to filter.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech

Strange, how "total freedom of speech" is, according to the pro Dell
members of this group, permitted for some and not for others. Insults,
swearing, name calling when posted by the pro Dell folks is O.K. But anti
Dell posts and most complaints about Dell are not acceptable. Nor are
complaints about those who post foul language. You, AlanP, Sparky, and
others have "total freedom of speech", but I don't. Nor do numerous others
that your group decides can't have the same rights as you and the rest of
the "Dellbots".
That's a "total freedom of speech" that I have not previously encountered.

> your mama wrote:
>>
>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Right, you "simply point out" blah, blah, blah - when were you
>> > appointed
>> > Usenet cop? It seems I missed that memo.
>>
>> adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where
>> children
>> are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult,
>> do
>> you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
>> children within earshot?
>>
>> either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean
>> up
>> your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
>> through those discussions?
>
> If I'm in someone's house, I respect the rules of the house.
>
> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech.
>
> Until Usenet becomes "your house," the only way to keep children
> from hearing/reading obscenities (Some people feel the word "damn"
> is an obscenity!) on Usenet is to keep them *off* Usenet.
>
> Notan

On the contrary, I welcome anti-Dell posts, if they are warranted. But in
all the years I've been reading this group I have yet to come across an
anti-Dell thread that I can support. All the anti-Dell threads I've read so
far are by crusaders on self-appointed missions, or the bigoted, the rude
and the clueless, all of who would have the same trouble with any other
brand of computer, or toaster or cellphone or vacuum cleaner...

As for free speech, that's fine with me. I have a killfile for posters I
can't abide. All the posters who enter my killfile eventually give up and
leave us alone. But not you. You just keep coming back for more. It doesn't
seem to matter to you that nobody gives a damn about your 'mission'. Maybe
your real mission is to get insults rained on you and become a
laughingstock. You have succeeded!

Ted Zieglar

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
>
>> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech
>
> Strange, how "total freedom of speech" is, according to the pro Dell
> members of this group, permitted for some and not for others. Insults,
> swearing, name calling when posted by the pro Dell folks is O.K. But anti
> Dell posts and most complaints about Dell are not acceptable. Nor are
> complaints about those who post foul language. You, AlanP, Sparky, and
> others have "total freedom of speech", but I don't. Nor do numerous others
> that your group decides can't have the same rights as you and the rest of
> the "Dellbots".
> That's a "total freedom of speech" that I have not previously encountered.
>

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
>> your mama wrote:
>>>
>>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message

>>> adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where
>>> children
>>> are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult,
>>> do
>>> you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
>>> children within earshot?
>>>
>>> either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean
>>> up
>>> your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
>>> through those discussions?
>>
>> If I'm in someone's house, I respect the rules of the house.
>>
>> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech.
>>
>> Until Usenet becomes "your house," the only way to keep children
>> from hearing/reading obscenities (Some people feel the word "damn"
>> is an obscenity!) on Usenet is to keep them *off* Usenet.
>>
>> Notan

oh yeah... you're the model of an open minded person.
the people posting dell problems are "crusaders on self-appointed missions",
"bigoted", "rude", "clueless".
you've not seen one anti dell post you could support?

one might reasonably conclude that you are a dell bigot, that is rude to
anti dell posters and is clueless to the very real problems people have with
dell. in short you are on a crusade of your own to summarily dismiss others
with labels while continuing your self-appointed mission of blindly blowing
the dell horn.

i guess the size your killfile illustrates just how close minded you really
are. so how big is it mr. "i welcome anti-Dell posts"?

> On the contrary, I welcome anti-Dell posts, if they are warranted. But in
> all the years I've been reading this group I have yet to come across an
> anti-Dell thread that I can support. All the anti-Dell threads I've read
so
> far are by crusaders on self-appointed missions, or the bigoted, the rude
> and the clueless, all of who would have the same trouble with any other
> brand of computer, or toaster or cellphone or vacuum cleaner...
>
> As for free speech, that's fine with me. I have a killfile for posters I
> can't abide. All the posters who enter my killfile eventually give up and
> leave us alone. But not you. You just keep coming back for more. It
doesn't
> seem to matter to you that nobody gives a damn about your 'mission'. Maybe
> your real mission is to get insults rained on you and become a
> laughingstock. You have succeeded!
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech
> >
> > Strange, how "total freedom of speech" is, according to the pro Dell
> > members of this group, permitted for some and not for others. Insults,
> > swearing, name calling when posted by the pro Dell folks is O.K. But
anti
> > Dell posts and most complaints about Dell are not acceptable. Nor are
> > complaints about those who post foul language. You, AlanP, Sparky, and
> > others have "total freedom of speech", but I don't. Nor do numerous
others
> > that your group decides can't have the same rights as you and the rest
of
> > the "Dellbots".
> > That's a "total freedom of speech" that I have not previously
encountered.

> > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message

> >> If I'm in someone's house, I respect the rules of the house.
> >>
> >> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech.
> >>
> >> Until Usenet becomes "your house," the only way to keep children
> >> from hearing/reading obscenities (Some people feel the word "damn"
> >> is an obscenity!) on Usenet is to keep them *off* Usenet.
> >>
> >> Notan

This thread contains messages which show that people have amazing amounts of
energy. People! Hello! Now go do something useful with the energy, before I
split my sides laughing at the sheer silliness... Ben Myers