Dell has changed it policy on OS disk

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Agreed. I hereby resign from this thread. My job here - for better or
worse - is done.

Ted Zieglar

jo mama wrote:

> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@spartacus.galaxy.org> wrote in message
>
>>Irene wrote:
>>
>>>You don't read my posts very carefully, do you?
>>>I simply point out their behavior, such as your filthy language.
>>
>>Right, you "simply point out" blah, blah, blah - when were you appointed
>>Usenet cop? It seems I missed that memo.
>
> adults usually don't need to be told to watch their language where children
> are present which makes me wonder how old you are. if you are an adult, do
> you walk into your friends house and use obscene language when there are
> children within earshot?
>
> either way, if you're not an adult, grow up. if you are an adult, clean up
> your act. didn't your parents teach you any of this? or did you sleep
> through those discussions?

Exactly which language are you objecting to in my post?

Maybe you're confused about my reference to "that memo" - it's the memo
appointing Irene Netcop and assigning her the task of monitoring
language usage on the NG, not the one recommending cursing in front of
children.

Irene wrote:

> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
>
>>Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech
>
> Strange, how "total freedom of speech" is, according to the pro Dell
> members of this group, permitted for some and not for others. Insults,
> swearing, name calling when posted by the pro Dell folks is O.K. But anti
> Dell posts and most complaints about Dell are not acceptable. Nor are
> complaints about those who post foul language. You, AlanP, Sparky, and
> others have "total freedom of speech", but I don't.

Yet another "boo hoo hoo" post from Irene. You seem to post a lot for
someone whose freedom of speech is being stifled by the nasty Dellbots.

> Nor do numerous others
> that your group decides can't have the same rights as you and the rest of
> the "Dellbots".
> That's a "total freedom of speech" that I have not previously encountered.

Live & learn, eh?

BTW, I'm tired of your repeated attempts to stifle MY freedom of speech!
Consider this your formal notification.

Paul Knudsen wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:45:02 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
> (Ben Myers) wrote:
>

>>I don't think I've read one constructive posting by Irene in this thread. This
>>blabbing on and on incessantly is the mark of a true TROLL.
>

> I'll try to use little words here.
>
> 1. Don't quote her.
> 2. Learn to filter.

OY! Another Netcop. :(

Ted Zieglar wrote:

> Agreed. I hereby resign from this thread. My job here - for better or
> worse - is done.

You know the Usenet rules, Ted, you can't just resign, you stupid Nazi!!!

"your mama" <your-mama@home.com> wrote in message

> but the usenet *is* in my home. it is in a lot of peoples homes.
> why can't you treat the place like you treat your other friends homes.
>
> so it's too much to ask of "adults" that they not use obscene language
in
> posts?
> keep that bar nice and low so nobody has to worry about civility.
> so given your premise, the usenet will forever remain a sewer because
some
> purported "adults" can't act like adults and control their langauage.
last
> time i checked obscenities were a necessity for communication.

Written like a true left wing liberal.
"I don't want to change my views, YOU must change yours so they fit my
ideals."

It is real simple if YOU don't like the language LEAVE. You have that
right.
If you don't want children exposed to any "bad" language you better
never send them to schools, or friends homes or anywhere else. Or better
yet sit them down an explain what the words mean and why they should not
use them. It's called being a parent. Of course most of todays "parents"
are to busy being "friends" of their kids instead of doing the real job
of parenting.

"Steve W." <Dugdug56@what.com> wrote in message

> "your mama" <your-mama@home.com> wrote in message
>
> > but the usenet *is* in my home. it is in a lot of peoples homes.
> > why can't you treat the place like you treat your other friends homes.
> >
> > so it's too much to ask of "adults" that they not use obscene language
> in
> > posts?
> > keep that bar nice and low so nobody has to worry about civility.
> > so given your premise, the usenet will forever remain a sewer because
> some
> > purported "adults" can't act like adults and control their langauage.
> last
> > time i checked obscenities were a necessity for communication.
> >

> Written like a true left wing liberal.
> "I don't want to change my views, YOU must change yours so they fit my
> ideals."

quite to the contrary, i'm rather conservative. this has nothing to do with
changing any views. you can keep whatever views you have about anything you
wish. expressing those views using obscene language is the issue. try
writing an obscene post, then deleting the obscenities. does it not say the
same thing to a rational person? you'll also have more credibility in the
discussion since adults can discuss topics without obscenities and make
their points.

> It is real simple if YOU don't like the language LEAVE. You have that
> right.

right. you're acting offensively and you want others to leave instead of
you cleaning up your language. this sounds like what non-smokers had to
endure for years. stay at home unless you want to breath in carcinogens.
are you a non-smoker? can i blow smoke in your face and then tell you to
leave if you don't like it? all i suggest is that you not blow your
obscenities in peoples' faces.

> If you don't want children exposed to any "bad" language you better
> never send them to schools, or friends homes or anywhere else. Or better
> yet sit them down an explain what the words mean and why they should not
> use them. It's called being a parent. Of course most of todays "parents"
> are to busy being "friends" of their kids instead of doing the real job
> of parenting.

right. we can tape their eyes closed and plug their ears. what's wrong
with expecting obscenity hurling people to act responsibly around children?
save your filth when you're around your adult friends. heaven forbid you
take personal responsibility for your actions and the adverse affects they
may have on others. better to play the faux "victim". pretty pathetic for
an adult if you ask me. or is your brain still in developmental stages?
(aka immaturity)

maybe we can just allow public fornication while we're at it? if people
don't want to see it then they can turn away right? how far do you propose
to go?

>>i guess the size your killfile illustrates just how close minded you
really
>>are. so how big is it mr. "i welcome anti-Dell posts"?

gee, leaving so soon? care to disclose the number of entries in your
killfile first? i'm just dying to know many people you "can't abide".

> Agreed. I hereby resign from this thread. My job here - for better or
> worse - is done.
>
> Ted Zieglar

TedB

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:50:16 GMT, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
>
>> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech
>
>Strange, how "total freedom of speech" is, according to the pro Dell
>members of this group, permitted for some and not for others. Insults,
>swearing, name calling when posted by the pro Dell folks is O.K. But anti
>Dell posts and most complaints about Dell are not acceptable. Nor are
>complaints about those who post foul language. You, AlanP, Sparky, and
>others have "total freedom of speech", but I don't. Nor do numerous others
>that your group decides can't have the same rights as you and the rest of
>the "Dellbots".
>That's a "total freedom of speech" that I have not previously encountered.

Get a newsreader like Agent. Killfile those you don't like and you'll
never see them again. Use Agent's Global filtering and you won't even
see posts which reply to them. It will filter on the name, etc., in the
replying post message body and discard it. The only downside to using
Global filtering is that all bodies in the group must be downloaded,
you and then you have to call up the filter interface. But you probably
already download all messages. This group isn't so large that this is a
great effort.

A slight bit of work, but the recompense is you never again have to read
the fool's output, not even when the reply of others contains it.

I also killfile people who make a habit of answering the group fools.

Just my two-cents.

<tedB@bommer.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:50:16 GMT, "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Usenet, however, allows total freedom of speech
> >
> >Strange, how "total freedom of speech" is, according to the pro Dell
> >members of this group, permitted for some and not for others. Insults,
> >swearing, name calling when posted by the pro Dell folks is O.K. But
anti
> >Dell posts and most complaints about Dell are not acceptable. Nor are
> >complaints about those who post foul language. You, AlanP, Sparky, and
> >others have "total freedom of speech", but I don't. Nor do numerous
others
> >that your group decides can't have the same rights as you and the rest of
> >the "Dellbots".
> >That's a "total freedom of speech" that I have not previously
encountered.

> Get a newsreader like Agent. Killfile those you don't like and you'll
> never see them again. Use Agent's Global filtering and you won't even
> see posts which reply to them. It will filter on the name, etc., in the
> replying post message body and discard it. The only downside to using
> Global filtering is that all bodies in the group must be downloaded,
> you and then you have to call up the filter interface. But you probably
> already download all messages. This group isn't so large that this is a
> great effort.
>
> A slight bit of work, but the recompense is you never again have to read
> the fool's output, not even when the reply of others contains it.
>
> I also killfile people who make a habit of answering the group fools.
>
> Just my two-cents.

you must killfile more than you read in this ng!