Dell Has No Plans to Re-Enter Phone Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
While I did have an interest in a Dell phone it is probably right of them not to attempt that market again right now. They would have a lot of catching up to do against Samsung and Apple if they wanted to make a real impact.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
this is probably a good move for them. i think its best for them to update their pc lines more notably such as the chassis designs. I can see a sleeker design to be more appealing to customers than the very basic designs theyve offered since forever. also, customer support is one of the main reasons I never recommend Dell as an OEM brand.

phones is a very hard market to jump into currently because of Apple and Samsungs shear dominance. If veteran phone companies such as HTC and LG are struggling to maintain a solid market share, I dont really see Dell making a mark as a newcomer.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
if dell had stock anymore that might make it go down a bit, >_< eventually they will have to have a phone as i can't see much mroe in the way of having multiple devices, alot of people i know now use a smartphoen for all thier digital needs, email, social media and even pictures/ video. it is currently not as good genertally as a pc but can be mroe convenient. as a game ri won't be giving up my desktop anytime soon, but alot of dell's user base are not enthusiasts so they would lose alot of consumer opportunities... now if they plan on focusing on commertial segment they should be fine, those mobile devices still need to connect to servers somwhere

Status
Not open for further replies.