Dell i7559 won't boot up. Power light/keyboard lights turn on, nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen444

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I am having a boot issue with my Dell i7559 laptop. I was using it normally this morning and suddenly get an IRQL type error. The computer resets itself and is doing some kind of diagnostic test and it freezes in the middle of that. So I reboot the computer and it won't boot up after that.

The current situation is that I can power it on. The power light will turn on, and the keyboard lights will turn on, but nothing else happens. I don't hear the fan at all (usually it turns on when I boot up the computer) and the screen is completely blank. The screen is working though because when I hit D+power on, I get the flashing lights. When I plug the computer into an external monitor, there is no response. But other than the power light and keyboard light being on, there is no response whatsoever from the computer. I think this is considered a No-post error but I couldn't find any more info to diagnose the issue.

This is similar to an issue I had a few months ago. I was getting lots of weird blue screen of death errors, and the computer wouldn't boot past the bios and eventually got bricked. That time the solution was that I opened it up, cleaned out the dust, swapped the RAM into the other slot, and then when I rebooted it, it worked fine and has worked fine until this issue today. I tried doing that again but it didn't change anything.

So I'm assuming it's a hardware issue. Maybe a cable inside it got corroded or ripped? Any ideas of stuff I can try before I take it to a repair shop?

Ramen444

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I resolved it. When I swapped the RAM stick into the other slot, I was getting error lights on the battery LCD. 2 amber and 4 white. This indicates a RAM/memory error. So I googled this issue and some other people had the same problem and fixed it by cleaning their ram. So I removed the ram stick, blew canned air on it, blew canned air on the ram slot, and reinserted it. I rebooted it and it worked fine. I'm not sure if the problem is with the RAM stick or the RAM slot, but if it gets dirty then it will brick your computer. I hope this answer helps others in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS