Dell Inspirion 1546 Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanf12

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Hello everyone,

When I power on my Inspirion 1546 laptop, I can hear the fan spin up briefly (for like 1-2 seconds) and then spin back back down again. Then about 30 secs later I hear 2 quick beeps and nothing else. Nothing ever appears on the screen. I've tried re-seating the memory and hard drive, along with powering it up while plugged into the wall without the battery in, and still get the same results. I happen to have another working Dell laptop so I tried swapping the memory sticks between the two and still see the same results.

At this point I am thinking it's a motherboard issue, but is there anything else I could try?

The laptop is out of warranty, so if it is the motherboard, any recommendations on where I could buy a replacement board?

Thanks!

Dell_Ankit_K

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hello Sennf12,

My name is Ankit and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I understand that whenever you are powering up the system, you are getting 2 beep codes.
I also understand that you have tried swapping & replacing the memory sticks for the system but still you are getting the same issue.

It clearly specifies that it's the issue with the memory slots which are embeded on the mother-board of the system.
In order to fix this issue, the mother-board for the system needs to be replaced.
As the system is out of warranty, then you would have to bear the charges & get the mother-board replaced to get the system working.

For any further queries, feel free to reply back on the post.

Thanks
Dell-Ankit

Status
Not open for further replies.