Question Dell Inspiron 15 3000 for Light Use?

DrBoo1Ghost

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
Hello, I'm looking to purchase two new laptops for a business front desk. My answers are as follows:

1. What is your budget?
- $450 USD, but cheaper is better :)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

- Doesn't matter

3. What screen resolution do you want?

- Doesn't matter

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

- No

5. How much battery life do you need?

- Doesn't matter (will always be plugged in)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

- No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

• Google Chrome
  • Scanning documents with a printer/scanner

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

- ~128GB - mostly everything is online

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

- https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/laptops/intel/spd/inspiron-15-3511-laptop/nn3511ezwhh

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

- As long as possible (4+ years)

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

- None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Prefer:

- Don't have any

Dislike:
  • MSI: Spent $2400 on a "gaming" laptop that was nothing but problems. The first one I got had its battery fail in the first two months and I had to argue with Amazon to return it because MSI wouldn't take it. The next one I got had the keyboard fail in a year and had the SSD routinely reach 80 degrees C, so I had to send it in for a warranty repair but they only fixed the keyboard. Then after two years (3 total) the screen developed a vertical dark region and the hinge started falling apart, but it was out of warranty. It also occasionally decides it doesn't want to boot and returns an error of "No media present", and I have to try random combinations of resetting the BIOS, holding the reset switch, and disconnecting the power adapter until it decides to boot.
  • Acer: Purchased an Acer Aspire E 15 for extremely light use (basically using the internet and Microsoft Office) but it was always at 100% disk usage and therefore unbearably slow. After 2.5 years the screen stopped working (it won't turn on) and I called support who told me that they wouldn't talk to me unless I purchased additional technical support for $130+ for a laptop that cost $379.99. This didn't include the cost of repair either.

13. What country do you live in?
- USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

-I prefer that the company I purchase from have a support model where I can call technical support for hardware issues and they'll at least talk to me, even if the product is out of warranty and/or I don't have a "premium" support package.

Lutfij

Titan
9. That unit looks nifty and yes it'll get you through what you need and then some more, provided you intended to link the 10th Gen i51035G1, 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR4-2666MHz ram, 15.6" display + Windows 11.

12. On the topic of tech support, if you were on Windows 10 on the Acer, chances are that you had an OS corruption that resulted in a memoryleak and the 100% disk usage issue. The solution to that was to reinstall the OS, after making sure you were on the latest BIOS for the laptop and you recreated the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools to rule out a corrupt installer.

14. Asus do talk to people, right left and center but the issue is their usual answer is if it's beyond warranty period and a newer product line is replacing it, you're out of luck. They will talk to you though.

Reactions: DrBoo1Ghost

TRENDING THREADS