Dell inspiron 1545 drivers free download for windo

gusto56

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi still searching for free download driver for windows vista intergrated webcam dell inspiron 1545.all dell drivers from dell sight are bogus and dont download completely.thanks for help in this matter, :cry:

gusto56

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
thanks saga but as i stated before dell downloads for the webcam for the dell inspiron 1545 are nogood and threr is no update from dell either.if you look into previous posts for this webcam noone has a solution.i dell wants you to pay big$$ to speak to a tech to correct this.thats a big scam.and its a dam shame how they can controll.

In all the years I've been downloading Dell driivers to fix PCs and laptops that come through here, I've never seen a suggestion of paying for a driver or seen any mechanism to make a payment. What is the model number of yours? If you wish, you can PM me with the Service Tag and I'll see what I can do.

G

Hi Saga,
Please could you help me!!:p. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 which lost power in the middle of a factory re-set. Didnt come with disks so I am struggling to find a download I can burn to disk or what to do! Email is amandamewis@hotmail.co.uk thx

Hi Saga,
Please could you help me!!:p. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 which lost power in the middle of a factory re-set. Didnt come with disks so I am struggling to find a download I can burn to disk or what to do! Email is *********edited******* thx

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

First off, the best advice comes form the collective brain of the Forum users. PMs and e-mails are fine but you may lose out on the suggestion that fixes it quickest. Secondly, it's best to edit your e-mail address out of your post in case the Spambots pick it up and sell it on for use and abuse.

Finally, the worst thing that can happen is a power breakdown in the middle of an installation or a Service Pack update. Does it not power up now? Can you not see the message as to which key to press to start the factory reset again?

You could download a Linux operating system that can run as a Live CD without any hard disk involvement at all. That would tell you if the hardware is working. Find one at http://www.pclinuxos.com and use ImgBurn from http://www.imgburn.com to make a proper bootable CD.

If you have the equipment, it would be worth taking the hard disk out of the Inspiron and salving it to another PC to run Windows Checkdisk with the repair switch. At the Command Prompt, type
chkdsk x: /r
where X is the drive letter the laptop's drive adopts in the other system. /r is the switch that allows the system to find and fix disk errors.