Dell Inspiron 1564 Fan Works Like There Is No Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimpant

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014
Hello,

I own an old but upgraded (6GB ram, ssd disk) Dell Inspiron 1564 laptop. It used to work quietly. I could hear the fan working now and then.

The last 6 months, the fan works all the time like there is no tomorrow, which produces a lot of noise. I had it *changed with a new one*, formatted and re-installed windows 7 but still the same.

The laptop boots quietly. As soon as a file copy starts or the browser runs, the fan goes crazy. It spins and spins and spins endlessly even after the copy is over or the browser is closed. That was certainly not the case, originally. The temperature conditions in my office are very nice.

Any ideas?

Solution
After further testing, it proves the OCZ Vertex 3 was broken, which caused trouble to the laptop, most probably.

Please, consider this thread closed.

EWDB

Honorable
May 21, 2014
Hello Dimpant,

My last laptop did the same thing, and it even started to run more slowly too. The problem was solved by removing the battery and running it from mains power. The fan then behaved itself and the computer went full speed again. Running it from mains power with the battery in resulted in noisy supper speed fan and slow running PC. I never found out why removing the battery helped but I have come across a few old laptops that seem to get a new lease of life and behave much better after the battery is removed.

dimpant

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Hmm, let me try it and get back to you.

dimpant

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014

Even though the problem still exists, the fan behaves a bit better since I changed the old ocz vertex 3 with a new ocz trion 100...

dimpant

Honorable
Apr 25, 2014
After further testing, it proves the OCZ Vertex 3 was broken, which caused trouble to the laptop, most probably.

Please, consider this thread closed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.