Dell Inspiron 1720 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

willettd

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hello everyone, I got a Dell inspiron 1720 about a year and a half ago. It has worked great up to about 3-4 months ago. I dropped it, and it just has never been the same. I replaced the HDD, and upgraded the ram, but it just isn't doing so hot.

It just runs slow still, shuts down randomly, and the battery will not charge either. It just says that the battery is not detected.

I want to build a new desktop, but I am not home often enough, and it would just sit there.

Should I take it in to a laptop repair store and see what they can do? I would like to get it working and be able to give it to my mom, and upgrade to something like...

ASUS G Series G73JH-X1 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 17.3" 8GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

Just trying to get everyones opinion. I use my laptop for gaming primarily, but obviously I do everything else on it as well. It cant even run warcraft III without getting graphics lag.

Trouble with dropping a laptop is that it can be really hard to narrow down the problem(s). I'd say your best bet would be to bring it to a repair center and see what they have to say, i.e. if it can be "saved." If not, well, it may just have to be scrapped and you can look into getting a new laptop like the Asus you mentioned, which by the way is an excellent machine.

willettd

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Thanks for the reply, I am actually looking at the G73JH-A1, with blueray now.

Whatever happens I'm getting rid of what I have now. I have been very unimpressed with DELL in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.