Question Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 boot loop without POST ?

Mr Manners

Honorable
Jul 8, 2015
I recently acquired a Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 laptop that is doing boot loops.

Intel Core I-3 - 2310 2.10 GHz,
4 gb RAM DDR3 10600,
500 gb WD Blue hard drive.

When I turn it on, the 3 lights on the top right side of the keyboard flash 1st (Windows Mobility Center key) on then off, 2nd (Dell Support Center key) on then off, 3rd (Display on/off key) on then off, 2nd key again on then off, 1st key again on but stays on, 2nd again goes on and stays on, and 3rd again goes on, then they all go off. At this time, the Dell logo flash screen comes up with F2 - System, and F12 - Boot Options and the ribbon across the bottom that travels left to right. When the line gets all the way to the right, the system restarts. It will not respond to ANY F-key press, and it will not boot from a USB drive. I removed and replaced the RAM totally and one at a time, no improvement. I removed the hard drive and replaced it with an identical brand new one right out of the box but no improvement. I removed the CMOS battery for 60 minutes, then reassembled and restarted it, it gave me a message onscreen that the BIOS clock was out of date and to fit F2 to set up. When I hit F2, it went back to the endless boot loop.

What can I do to get past this? I'm thinking that it could be a corrupted BIOS but I have no way to access the system to replace the BIOS drivers.I'm also guessing that Dell should be able to tell me what needs to be done, but this laptop went out of warranty in 2013 and they will want more to provide tech support than the cost of a new laptop.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS